cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Getting Active - October 1

@Bee unfortunately thats what happens when you go to a school in the city ! 

Hey guys, sorry i'm late. I'll just read through the Q and A's.

@Puppies026 I totally agree with you! when you push yourself to the point where your body  and mind start to pay for it, it might be time to treat yourself kindly and stop for a little while

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're have a Slow-Mo Getting Real chat on Family Changes during the week running from the 7-11th of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Great point @ecla34 and @Puppies026. I think your body tells you when it is time to take a break! 

Well said @Puppies026!!!

How do we know if we are doing too much exercise or know when to take a break/give ourselves a rest day?

If you're injured a break may serve well, but also remembering there are other things you can do, so for me atm while I'm not able to walk on my foot, I still hop around on crutches and scoot around on the knee scooter as much as I can without being in too much pain, it's still helping get my heart rate up and exercising! So sure after an immediate injury or when you're really sore take a break, but remember there are other things you can do - even just parking further away from the shops and walking the distance Smiley Tongue

I agree with @Puppies026 in that when you feeling stressed over exercise it may be time to cut back, exercise should be fun and healthy Smiley Happy

@litgym oh yes indeed. I'm a country gal so no idea what that's like haha

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

How do we know if we are doing too much exercise or know when to take a break/give ourselves a rest day?

I think if you're feeling really exhausted from it and it's not something you enjoy doing anymore.. also if the exercise is too intense and you start to get sick from it. I think that's when to take a break and think about what can be changed so the exercise is something to look forward to more and doesn't take such a big toll on the body and mind.. in the long term, it's easier to stick to something which you enjoy

i would take a rest day if i'm feeling really sore and just don't feel like doing exercise that day. 

I think your body is really good at letting you know, physically when you are or have done too much exercise. It will get to the point where you aren't performing at a certain level and then that's the time you should know you've done too much. Mentally, it may be harder to convince yourself you've done enough, that's why it's always good to set small goals to build up to and rewards once you reach them.
Highlighted

Loving everyone's answers! You all have so much insight and knowledge! GO TEAM!

Last question for the night

7. What if you have lots of homework/assignments to do, should you break your exercise schedule and study or just exercise? 

@Bee the country is really nice and chill, i wouldnt mind living there but i feel like at times it may get boring or at least thats what ive heard. im also a very city girl ahaha. i think im the only school in NSW that has that many stairs and no fields😬

im going to head to bed for the night, great GR session tonight !Heart

7. What if you have lots of homework/assignments to do, should you break your exercise schedule and study or just exercise?

I think this is an individual thing, what works for some may not work for others.

There are pros and cons of both, but I think if you are stressing a lot of homework/assignments a bit of exercise can help you clear your head and destress Smiley Happy