cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Getting Active - October 1

how do we know if we are doing to much or know when to take a break?

i find when im feeling overly lethargic or my muscles are sore and tense it usually means i need a day of rest or just an easy going stroll instead.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

7. What if you have lots of homework/assignments to do, should you break your exercise schedule and study or just exercise?

I think if you have time to fit in a workout and think it may help, then go ahead. But if you do not have enough time for both I think you should put the assignment first and just take a rest day in terms of exercise and make up for it the next day!

Similar to the last Q, if it's causing you to stress and is interfering with other parts of your life, you may need to take a step back!

7. What if you have lots of homework/assignments to do, should you break your exercise schedule and study or just exercise?
I think a balance is good. Studying is important, but doing some exercise might reduce your stress levels or even just clear your mind so you're ready to start again! I feel like we should be allowed to forgive ourselves for missing out on exercising, life can get in the way!! 

Highlighted

@litgym it is! I like the quietness Smiley Happy
Sometimes it can be, I guess it depends on how country you go Smiley Tongue
Man that's crazy!

Have a good sleep Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I think there should always be time for exercise.  Even it's not written explicitly, there should be breaks long enough where you can fit some in.

What if you have lots of homework/assignments to do, should you break your exercise schedule and study or just exercise? 

I would probably do the homework/assignments instead of exercising because they would feel more urgent... but I also want to make time for exercise if I can because it is a good de-stressor and helps me put things into perspective so that I'm not as overwhelmed by the homework/assignments

Great point @Bee.

I think that everyone is different. Some people can manage both exercise and studying while others may need to focus on one or the other. It's about what is best for you and making sure you look after yourself! Smiley Happy

i really like what everyone has already said. i defiently think balance is key. when i was studying and all through school i found that i needed to get outside and be active for a while otherwise i just build up to much energy and just couldnt focus so i got outside for a while, then shower and then back to studies.
while studying yep is amazing, your brain still needs a rest and to process the things your learning so i think breaks in general are a good idea

As I constantly find myself in this situation, for me, I find continuing the exercise schedule beneficial. I only do organised sport and so think it's important to continue to attend trainings etc. regardless. However, if I were to self initiate a trip to the gym (very unlikely Smiley LOL) then I might miss this to get on top of my work. 
Things like walking the dogs are also important to continue doing in my opinion. It doesn't just benefit you, but also your dogs and teammates when doing organised sport.

@ecla34 you brought up an an awesome point too, missing a day or of exercise is ok, life can definenetly get in the way not only for studying but if your on holidaysm or work, or have some other commitments that need attending to as well.