cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Getting Active - October 1

@Bee ergh must be so annoying ! do you use an elevator if there is one ? trust me there is more than 7 flights of stairs 😬 we have 11 and we have basement level but only the lift goes there. so walking up 7 flights at 8am kills me bahahah.

What are some of the potential social benefits of exercise (team sports, gym, etc.)?

you get to make some amazing friends ! i have to say ive made the strongest friendships with the people i do gymnastics with. they are so different than people at my school i find. its also really good making friendships out of school/work etc.

@FootyFan26 That's such a good point! Practice makes perfect Smiley Tongue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live Getting Real chat to do with Self-positivity, on Monday the 21st of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

i think so too @FootyFan26
at least they are happy though even if we are ready for bed afer an hr of play lol
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

oh yes the intensity does affect us in different ways too @litgym thats a great point.

haha @cupcakes_032 that sounds like fun for sure! and im sure she very much enjoys it too

Great answers guys! Smiley Happy

The next question is:

How do we know if we are doing too much exercise or know when to take a break/give ourselves a rest day?

oh yeah, i forgot one more - for yoga, although i do it by myself at home, sometimes i read the youtube comments and i don't remember seeing a negative one. it's nice reading people's experiences, seeing the support and encouragement people give to each other, and knowing that there are others out there in the world also doing the sessions. and if it's a tough session, it's kind of comforting to read if someone else felt a similar way, like you're not alone Smiley Happy

what are the social benefits?

there have already been some awesome answers that i very much agree to and also it increases motivation and willingness to want to do exercise so makes it more fun

@litgym absolutely! Atm I have no choice, but usually I opt for no stairs, but sometimes I do it just to test the foot out Smiley Tongue (of course that was prior to this last surgery lol)
Man I can imagine, high school is hard enough haha!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

How do we know if we are doing too much exercise or know when to take a break/give ourselves a rest day?

I think maybe if you're injured but still forcing yourself to exercise then that might not be best, or if you're so tired the whole day after your exercise. 

Also when you feel yourself stressing over exercise too much then I think that's when it gets a bit unhealthy. Exercise should be something fun and healthy, not a stressor!