cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Getting Active - October 1

Loving all the points made so far!!

Question 5 of the night is:

What are some of the potential social benefits of exercise (team sports, gym, etc.)?

@cupcakes_032 yeah ahaha, can be very tiring sometimes.

ugh STAIRS @litgym! Since my foot injury stairs are my worst nightmare! Mainly because I have to go one at the time or my dodgy foot can't cope and I go face first! Literally!

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@FootyFan26 mm its different for everyone. i find when working out in the gym for a solid hour doing cardio and everything really tires me out. the stairs at my school are also tiring ahahah. at 8 o'clock in the morning i struggle so bad going up 7 flights of stairs. i end up crossing through each level ! i sound so unfit nahahah

Sorry i'm joining so late guys Smiley LOL 
What are some of the potential social benefits of exercise (team sports, gym, etc.)?
I really love using long walks to catch up with a friend i haven't seen in a while. It's such a nice low pressure way of having a chat and just enjoying being outside together and getting some exercise Smiley Happy Me and one of my closest friends do this during semester breaks 

@litgym stairs are the worst! I had to climb four flights for one of my uni classes last year and I was dying by the end every time Smiley Tongue

Team sports are a great way to meet new people and make friends! I played netball in high school and it was always great to interact with other people!

Exercise can also be a great way to catch up with friends. I will often go hiking or on walks with my friends and it is great fun! Smiley Happy

OMG 7 flights of stairs!? Man I hated doing 1 flight with all my school stuff at high school! I'd be dead @litgym *crying laughing face*

• Improved communication skills
  • Improved social interaction
  • Increased ability to form meaningful relationships

for team sports: feeling a sense of belonging and getting to know others in the team better, working together to reach a goal

for gym, maybe meeting new people? i haven't been to the gym so i have no idea if this actually happens or not.. maybe everyone's focused on doing their own thing

Loving the answers for potential social benefits of exercise! Smiley Happy