cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: GR - Life After Year 12 Exams - Oct 22

@Alison5Oh for sure! I literally took like 5 hours sometimes to get through a lecture when I studied business because I was so uninterested but now as weird as it sounds I can't wait to get started on my readings for psych and really enjoy doing assignments as they are usually on topics I find so interesting!

Hahahaha aww thanks @Jess-RO ! I love quotes so that is an awesome compliment Smiley Very Happy

Second last question guys!! Smiley Happy

6. What are some other ways to go to uni if things don't work out?

Never give in! Never give up! Some things are doing TAFE courses, taking a gap year, applying for a different/similar university course then transferring when you have enough credits or whatever they're called. 

There is ALWAYS, alwaysalwaysalways, ALWAYS another way!!

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Hello everyone!

When you were in high school what did you want to do? Or if you still are in high school, what do you want to do?

I knew what I wanted to do in year 10 after years of having no clue. Try to remember that once you find what you want to do, it doesn't mean you that you are stuck or trapped in that occupation. People can change their mind and their careers, mid-way through university, after it, in their 30s or 40s.  

3. Did your exam marks affect what you ended up studying? Are you liking what you are currently doing?

Haha, my marks were no where near the course I wanted to get into. Luckily these days there are a number of different ways of getting into the course you want. Transfers, doing graduate course etc. There's a lot of ways to get into your dream course even if you didn't get the marks needed. And don't buy into the university 'prestige' bs. Universities are pretty much the same in terms of education. Obviously different universities are going to have different kinds of people attending but most university students are there to further their career and not waste thousands of dollars a year just to fuck around. 

What @N1ghtW1ng said!
Transferring across is so easy these days and they don't care about your ATAR after the initial year.

There are so many pathways to get to where you want to go! 

ReachOut has some tips here about other ways to get into university. Some other ways you can go to uni:

1. You can go in as a mature age student 

2. Bridging courses can be great too! Different universities offer different bridging courses. You can find what works for you! There are some courses that are on campus and some that deliver these courses online

3. Tafe has some amazing study options! There are tons available across Australia and can be a stepping stone to employment and/or further study

4. You can swap your degree after your first year. If you don't get into your first pick, you can change during your degree to something you are more interested in

5. Working and volunteering in the field! Sometimes there are opportunities to build up job experience in the field you are in by volunteering. This can help you decide what you might like to do and build up skills. There can also be opportunities for study and short courses!

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

@N1ghtW1ng yes! I am pretty sure you can transfer universities after just 1 year (I think, may be different for different universities so make sure to check your policies) to any you would like if you maintain a certain grade! You could even transfer into a course that requires a lower ATAR at that university and do an internal course transfer after just 1 semester!

If things don't work out don't be discouraged! Make sure to look at the policies/eligibility criteria and steps required ahead of time so you don't miss any dates and you will find it is not as difficult or scary as it may feel to get into universities of your choice! There are so many options out there!! Smiley Very Happy

There's heaps of ways Smiley Happy

• Through bridging courses at specific uni's.
  • By doing certain TAFE courses - which you can earn credit for certain courses.
  • As a mature age student.
  • Some universities allow you get in through interviews and looking at your school marks.
  • If you're marks aren't enough to get you in the course you want you can always start doing one course and eventually switch over if you get good grades Smiley Happy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Final question! 

7. Do you think society puts too much pressure on those sitting exams? How can we lessen the pressure? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Hello @LeoTheLion!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy and welcome! Those are some awesome and insightful answers Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!