cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Life After Year 12 Exams - Oct 22

@scared01 nice Smiley Happy

My turn! Smiley Very Happy 

1. When you were in high school what did you want to do? Or if you still are in high school, what do you want to do?

Probably a vet. Although I went through a marine biologist phase too (still sort of am) but I probably would not survive university-level science studies so instead I'm into teaching. If I had to say now, I'd probably want to do something related to teaching but also animals or art! (I freaking love animals Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy)

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@ErinsAntics @Jess1-RO such similar experiences! Albeit different fields. It's so interesting how taking a different path can change our perspectives so assuredly. I wish I had your confidence!

Also the other career path I was (still am) interested in is definitely acting! But I don't think I'd ever be able to succeed. 

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Good Monday everyone Smiley Happy

1. When you were in high school what did you want to do? Or if you still are in high school, what do you want to do?

For most of high school I had two goals:

1. To do really well in high school.

2. To go into the film industry. This would mostly change between wanting to act, to direct, or to write.

I would randomly have other careers that I'd want, most commonly being a vet, psych or a politician. By the time I was going into year 12, I still wanted to go into film but realised that I really wanted to study philosophy. 

It seems like most of us aren't doing what we wanted to do when we were in high school and our lives have turned out great Smiley Happy

2. For those who are studying exams, what are your plans like for the future? How do you feel about finishing high school?

giphy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

@N1ghtW1ng I didn't latch onto marine biologist in high school for some reason, but every time its come up at uni I've longed for the marine biologist I could have been. Same deal though, I don't think science studies would have been for me.

When I was in high school I had no idea what I wanted to do at university! I was leaning towards studying law and becoming a lawyer, but I ended up going with business because it seemed like it gave more options.

But I am now in my 4th year of uni studying psychology and just like @Jess1-RO I can't imagine doing anything else! Even though it took me so long to get where I am, I wouldn't have had it any other way as I had so many amazing experiences along my journey here Smiley Happy

Hey there @Birdeye and welcome! (I just forgot I didn't welcome everyone else, well WELCOME EVERYONE! Smiley Very Happy)
Are you studying philosophy now? Yeah as much as I love marine animals, I don't think I would've made it through the studies!

I've just finished up majoring in philosophy in a bachelor of Arts @N1ghtW1ng Smiley Happy, so yeah. It's the one idea that I really stuck to and made sure I did.

Nice @Puppies026! Any particular kind of psychology? It's such a diverse field for sure!

Awesome @Birdeye! Are you planning on continuing studying or are you heading out into the world? Smiley Tongue

sorry im late !

I want to work in the metal health sector. After hearing everyones struggles and just me dealing with everything I really want to help or make a positive in someone's life Smiley Happy

2. For those who are studying exams, what are your plans like for the future? How do you feel about finishing high school?

Eeekk I should be studying right now, oh well ! at least its not y11 and 12 exams Smiley Happy I feel like it will be very weird when high school is over. I can never see it coming but before i know I won't be in high school anymore.