cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Life After Year 12 Exams - Oct 22

heya @scared01! Smiley Very Happy
It sucks that your marks affected your studying, there really should be a better way than standardised testing. BUT it's great that you're enjoying your current studies Smiley Happy

@Alison5 that sounds like an effective method of getting rid of exam stress, not knowing what to do Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@Puppies026 Well done on being able to work up to get to your original goal campus, and on learning to love the campus you go into!
You seem to be a really good example of how it's not what you get into at first, it's what you do with yourself from then.

It sure did  @N1ghtW1ng however  once you can enter as a mature student your hsc marks dont really  matter anyway so its ok. 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Good question @Birdeye. At the time, I think it was important for me to get into things. If I had of taken a gap year, I don't think I could have got going again. I also didn't have any money for travel.
Whilst I didn't always like it and found it hard to motivate myself, I knew that having a schedule, so the Uni timetable and joining a few sporting groups would be good for me.
I also don't really have preferences towards anything, ever, so not sure that will change too much. Unfortunately, that's something i've just had to live with.

3. Did your exam marks affect what you ended up studying? Are you liking what you are currently doing?

Nope Smiley Happy mainly because I choose to do non exam subjects (apart from English) and knew I always wanted to go the TAFE route first then uni later. For me it was an achievement just to finish high school so I didn't want to add stress, also me and exams are not friends.I am loving my TAFE course (Community Services), what I like about doing TAFE is that all courses are a year and under which is great Smiley Happy 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

So many AMAZING responses so far! I am loving it! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

4. How can we keep busy while waiting for exam results? How do you feel about your results?

I think I was pleased with my results. Because I did a certificate in high school, I was guaranteed a certain op score and I got two higher... lower than that. So I was pretty pleased because I didn't give a poop about what I was going to do. Because I didn't care, I think I just went through my regular stuffs during the time before results came out. But doing things like hobbies, spending time with friends or families, using some distraction strategies (we have a thread somewhere, 10000001 coping strategies and distractions)

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@Jess1-RO I love your answer so much! School doesn't really make obvious to us just how easy and possible it is to get into uni or anything you want without sitting year 12 exams. Depending on the pathway, you might not even have to spend any extra time doing it.

@Jess1-RO so glad you thought about your wellbeing and chose not to sit the HSC Smiley Happy

4. How can we keep busy while waiting for exam results? How do you feel about your results?

I try not put too much pressure on my results. I seem to stress a lot but at the same time I dont care, its weird. While doing one of my assessments the stress got too much where I just handed it in and what did I get ? 100% !!!!!! like what ? 

That's so true @scared01, about the marks not mattering. They're really only relevant for the first year or so out of school. And then meaningless. I only remember my score because I was going to make a joke about it because I got 14 and my sister had 5 so I was going to say I got 4-long pause-teen Smiley Tongue

@Birdeye aww thank you! Smiley Happy
That's definitely what I learnt! In year 12 I was stressed about the VCE exams and thought what I got into would determine how my life turned out but I couldn't have been more wrong! It is definitely about what you choose to do with yourself from then and how you keep working towards your goals! And you can always change your course of life at anytime whether you're 21 or 40!