cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Life After Year 12 Exams - Oct 22

@Alison5 I must say I do love the schedule that uni provides. I find it personally very helpful if I have a schedule of things like tutes and lectures to do. It keeps me going.

@ErinsAntics nice! Smiley Very Happy Exam marks really are useless, aren't they? Smiley Tongue

4. How can we keep busy while waiting for exam results? How do you feel about your results?

I really just focused on other things and kept myself busy. I got a part time job as soon as exams were over and went on a holiday as a celebration. I actually forgot about the results (what day it was) and things like early offers meant I didn't have to worry either. I had really low expectations so was ecstatic when I got my results. That's why I was careful to pick a course that would be too difficult to manage (so I thought) Smiley Tongue

5. For those who didn't do exams at school or go to uni how has your life turned out?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

@Alison5 to be honest I used to be like that for a long time too, I didn't really have a preference towards what I studied I just chose business because it seemed like it had options. I always thought I was never going to know what I enjoyed doing and would just work in business because of that.
But I found my love for psychology out of nowhere, 3 years after uni and it just came to me! It gave me so much motivation and changed things so much in the best way, so don't give up! Keep trying new things too and one day you might realise you love something you never thought you would! Smiley Happy

I love this quote @Puppies026 "Keep trying new things too and one day you might realise you love something you never thought you would!" Heart

This really resonates with me and is so so true!

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

@Alison5 @Puppoes026 our passions can often come out of nowhere Smiley Happy I had my mum helping me choose what uni courses to sign up for (because I didn't care) and I just chose the first one that accepted me. It happened to be teaching and look at me now Smiley Tongue They really can just show up out of the blue, but it's okay if they don't either. Sometimes passions aren't always traditional jobs so they slip under the radar.

That's such a good point about all of the jobs that slip under the radar @N1ghtW1ng, looking back I feel like in all of my pathways classes in high-school the same career options were parroted again and again. We look at such vague or specific jobs when thinking about what to do, but really there are so many people and things to do in every company and field.

Very true @N1ghtW1ng and thank you for that @Puppies026. I'm keeping a broad mind and am open to all things that come my way. Hopefully I soon find something I really love and can really focus on that.
When you love something, you tend to try harder. So studying a little more, doing readings etc. etc. And at the moment i'm struggling with that. Would I be right in saying that?

5. For those who didn't do exams at school or go to uni how has your life turned out?

I have had some hiccups, but I never for a minute regretted not doing exams or going to uni Smiley Happy I love what I am studying at TAFE and I can't imagine myself going to uni.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

My world opened up the minute I finished school, and there were so many possibilities and pathways to do what I wanted to do in life. I found passions I never knew I had, explored and dared to create new dreams, and reminded myself it is okay to not have a linear story. 

Some things I have learnt are that it is okay to do things your way, nothing is ever set in stone and there are so many ways to live the life you want to live. I never would have anticipated I would go into mental health and get the opportunity to work with our amazing forums community everyday! I learnt to stop planning too far ahead and give new things a try- you never know when something will become a passion! Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here