cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR:Many hands make light work, 23rd Sep. 7:30 pm AEST

@ecla34 

Sorry that was unintentionally my previous comment. 

What strategies can be used to foster the best effort from everyone in the group?

One strategy I believe is getting everyone to first mutually agree what sections and tasks they can individual they will do to complete a goal. This way everyone can avoid confusion on who does what and how much of a group assignment/task Smiley Happy

@Tinkmatter @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @Hozzles @Pasta @dog_lover94  feel free to join in the chat

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

What strategies can be used to foster the best effort from everyone in the group?

I agree with you there @Milkninja222 , knowing who's doing what early on means that everyone know what they're responsible for and it's easier to make sure everything gets done! With group work I try and make sure we all are on the same page about what we're meant to do and by what date so that things go smoothly Smiley Very Happy
How about everyone else?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

I agree with @Milkninja222. I think deciding on roles can be a good idea.
In the past, I've found online resources (such as an editable table of what everyone has done) to be helpful, especially because you can see who is putting more effort in.

I feel like it can be really hard to get everyone to contribute as much as you'd like but letting people decide for themselves what areas they'd be best at working on and delegating from that can really help. I found starting early and setting deadlines for each task can really save you from those submissions 5 minutes before the due time.

@ecla34 @WheresMySquishy 

Yeah it is. It can be difficult to find cohesion with doing a certain number of tasks in group-related projects. Because if say I do most of everything and the others do little, it is due to me not communicating what everyone needs to do. Which can cause more stress from working with the group and can make people feel undermined in their ability to problem-solve and work together. That's from my experience. 

@Milkninja222 I agree. I think it's also important to make sure everyone fully understands their role, and isn't feeling overwhelmed. This can especially be the case for international students new to Aus, who can be shy and not speak up as often. It's important to check in with these individuals a little more frequently I think.

Assigning tasks based on strengths.

Letting everyone voice their opinions and ideas

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Taking time to work out each person's strengths can be a really good starting point to determine how to split up group work Smiley Happy Giving people tasks that play to their strengths and interests can help to maintain motivation throughout the course of a group task

the incredibles 2 super powers GIF