cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR:Many hands make light work, 23rd Sep. 7:30 pm AEST

What are some strategies to prevent unnecessary conflict?/If it does arise, what are some ways of managing conflict in a group?

I think what we've been saying about everyone knowing what they're doing and when is super important for preventing conflict! When someone feels taken advantage of, that's when the resentment starts brewing Smiley Sad Keeping communication is going is hepful too!

I agree with what @Bee said, compromise is really important and a good skill to have! 

When conflict does arise, i think adressing it ASAP is best, so that things don't snowball. Having a discussion with everyone to talk about what's happening is the quickest way to resolve things i feel! 

Good point @WheresMySquishy ! Ganging up on someone or making them feel attacked can really escalate things! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a Getting Real chat to do with Dating Anxiety on Monday the 20th of January at 7:30pm AEDT! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

What are some strategies to prevent unnecessary conflict? If it does arise, what are some ways of managing conflict in a group?

Really great question, and I would say one of the hardest parts of group work! Depending on the task and the group, it can be helpful to establish some ground rules/guidelines or methods of communication early. Having clear roles can be helpful in preventing conflict.

If conflict does arise, it really comes down to communication. This can be particularly hard if you don't know your group well!

Check out our community activities calendar here

@WheresMySquishy 

I like the idea of the team leader Smiley Happy Its always better to have someone who can mediate and reconcile what disputes have arisen. Especially when its someone who is like a third party 

@Decal21 I agree that talking is the only way out of conflict. Good point!

@WheresMySquishy I like the idea of saying something positive first!

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Decal21 and @WheresMySquishy Yep communication is key! It's good to have a leader too, to act as first port of call when it comes to queries.

I'm very confused about what this is?

Hi @Pasta,

The theme for today's discussion is group work, and the question right now is
What are some strategies to prevent unnecessary conflict? If it does arise, what are some ways of managing conflict in a group?
What do you think?

hey @Pasta ! Smiley Very Happy
we're having a live chat (we call them Getting Reals) about group work!
we host them a couple times a month about different topics Heart questions get posted and then we have a discussion about them Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a Getting Real chat to do with Dating Anxiety on Monday the 20th of January at 7:30pm AEDT! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Welcome @Pasta!

Great question! Every two weeks the community lead a discussion about a topic nominated by the community. Tonight's is a live chat where we will be talking all things group work from 7:30 Smiley Happy Getting Reals (or GRs) can be a great way to get to know the community members too!

Every few minutes we post a new question on the topic and you are welcome to answer them if you would like to Smiley Happy We would love to hear your thoughts! 

There is a new topic for every GR, so keep an eye on the calendar as there may be topics you are interested in in future Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here

Okay sounds like a really good idea! I haven't worked on a group project in a while now but talking about who wants to do what and then come together at the end and put it all together, no conflicts really arose but I feel the only way to deal with it would be to talk about it.