cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR:Many hands make light work, 23rd Sep. 7:30 pm AEST

What skills do you reckon are most beneficial for group work/activities?

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Speaking of which guys, I forgot to mention that when conflicts arise, it is important to negotiate with partners on what can be done differently. If problems arise because of people feeling their strengths could be put elsewhere and valued, it could build better outcomes and relationships. A win-win I think Smiley Happy  

Highlighted

Hey @Pasta, thanks for joining in!
Talking in person is really invaluable since words are less likely to be misinterpreted, since you can each other's body language as well, something that's pretty hard to communicate via text (although you can try to simulate it with emoticons!)

Good communication skills! Being a good listener and having an open mind Smiley Very Happy Heart

Patience!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a Getting Real chat to do with Dating Anxiety on Monday the 20th of January at 7:30pm AEDT! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

4 that come to mind are

• Communication
  • Patience
  • Understanding
  • Listening

But any skill can be beneficial if they help create a supportive and productive atmosphere in the group

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I think being open and organised are the most important skills to have in any group work. Being able to work together is so vital to making everyone get the most out of the project and those last finishing touches and final edits will make any assignment feel more complete and well thought out!

@Bee 

For your question, I believe in the following skills needed:

1. Having empathy for the wellbeing of people you are working with.
  2. Organise yourself to fit in with other peoples' schedules. If people may be unreachable due to inconsistent timetables, it will be beneficial to accomodate for them to figure out the best approach to achieve results.
  3. Having a clear direction, and planning skills that everyone can agree on how a project/task can operate Smiley Happy 
  4. Having an open-mind to adapt to changing circumstances that can arise in the progress of a group task. 

@ecla34 All very important skills!

I think empathy is also an important one too.

I think being cooperative and having good communication skills are a big plus in group work. Honesty (but not being too blunt) can also help you get your point across. Being respectful of the other group members and willing to listen to other people's point of view can also be helpful. I've also found it helpful when people are able to stay calm when problems arise. Problem solving skills can be great too.

I feel having good communication and having patience are really good not getting frustrated over other members in you group