cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR:Many hands make light work, 23rd Sep. 7:30 pm AEST

I love how everyone is focusing on the people skills for this discussion! Smiley Very Happy <3

@Milkninja222 @Decal21  I agree that being organised and flexible can be really beneficial in group work! Smiley Happy

@WheresMySquishy I agree! I think that honesty can be super important not just with getting your point acroos but if you ever need to ask your group for help on a section or if the group organisation is unclear.

With communication, I feel like having everyone supervise other people's parts and constant feedback can make a group project feel more cohesive and less like a bunch of stuck-together pieces.

I agree with @Milkninja222, loving the focus on qualities and interpersonal skills Heart Just shows how important they are in a team setting!

I am about to sign off, but can't wait to check this thread again in the morning and read the rest of the discussion Smiley Happy Speak tomorrow!!

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Next question: What is the greatest challenge you have had in a group?

https://www.ecosia.org/images?q=challenge+memes

A challenge I've faced more in uni is organising in-person meet ups. Schedules sometimes just don't want to align, and I've frequently been in group projects where I've never ended up seeing some of the group members in person!

Thanks for an engaging chat tonight everyone! 

I'm going to log off now. But I'll check back in another day and read the rest (and spam everyone with high fives Smiley Tongue )

Have a good night everyone! 

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@katurian 

I sympathise with that experience all too well hahahha. It can be frustrating wanting to have everyone available for meetings and gauge how everyone is doing. 

What is the greatest challenge you have had in a group?

haha the greatest challenge in a group i had was at uni. We were doing an oral presentation, and we couldn't present it on the day because one group member

a. didn't write his part

b. didn't send his work to us/the tutor for the hurdle part of the assessment

c. didn't turn up on the day! Smiley LOL

what a disaster! Luckily the tutor knew what was going on so we could present on another day, but jeez! Definitely highlighted the importance of communication and keeping up to date with everything!

See you next time @Jess1-RO and @Bee ! Have great night! Heart

@katurian you're so right! it's so much easier to get stuff done in person but so hard to arrange times! i sometimes end up doing a poll with groups to make it easier!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Generational Differences, starting on Monday the 11th of November! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

What is the greatest challenge you have had in a group?

Definitely trying to get everyone to pull their weight. I am usually pretty happy with my group except for one or two people who scrape by and it can really feel bad submitting something when one section looks like it was done in a night. I think the only way to avoid this would be early starts and meet often with clear plans for what you want to do for your section each week. If you can motivate them early it can definitely be surprising how much better the end result will be.