cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: GR - Resilience - Apr 1st!

@ecla34 I have that on a cross on my bedside table!
Thanks @scared01!
Highlighted

I'm heading to bed now. Thanks for letting me join guys!
Talk tomorrow!
Highlighted

thanks for joining in @xXLexi_Lou122Xx
goodnight, sleep well
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

@scared01 honestly i feel like this is a really big point we keep returning to Smiley Very Happy knowing when to reach out for help! knowing that it might be time to stick up your hand and say you're stuck in a bit of moment. It's pretty cool when you think about it, because that's what everyone here does every day, whether they're posting or not Smiley Very Happy Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

night @xXLexi_Lou122Xx sweet dreams xx

thanks for joining in tonight Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

exactly @ecla34 Heart it not weak to speak Heart
Highlighted

oooh, i like that turn of phrase @scared01 !

A strategy I've heard of for some of the less major (but still potentially tough) challenges in life is the 5 year rule (it can be the 6 month rule, or the one week rule - up to you!) where you get into the habit of asking yourself: will this still matter a lot to me in 5 years? 

Things like failing a test or getting reprimanded at work can just suck, as can whole host of other incidents that can ruin your day, week, or even your month, but it might end up being a bump on the road that fades the further you get away from it Heart I find that sometimes framing things that way can help me stop myself from falling into that rut, where all you do is think about what's happened, and start letting smaller things roll off my back (again, your mileage may vary Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL, not always helpful, but hey, worth a shot!) 

Highlighted

worth a shot indeed! @ecla34 ive heard abit of that 'rule' before too im not very good at doing it though Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

@ecla34 This is so great! I should really try this out.
Highlighted

@scared01 definitely! sometimes you ask yourself that and it's like: yes, yes i will still care

which, you know, fair enough!! some things are harder to shrug off than others

i guess we need a whole toolkit of strategies to help us build and maintain our resilience, across a whole spectrum of events!