cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: GR - Resilience - Apr 1st!

@blissfulhope it can be pretty helpful! i'd be interested to see how you find it Smiley Very Happy 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

exactly! @ecla34
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH FOR JOINING IN ON OUR CHAT!!!

@scared01 @blissfulhope @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @lennycat2017 

It's been an absolute blast and super thought-provoking xx

I hope you all have a fabulous rest of your evening. Feel free to keep posting and answering questions! I'm super keen to read what everyone's thoughts are tomorrow morning! Heart

Tired Good Night GIF by SLOTHILDA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

I know I am a bit late to the session. Sorry about that. I have been out tonight doing some exercise and reading my book. 

I know resilience is a really important skill to have and it has helped me a lot in the past to get through my elite sport when I was playing at 14/15/16 years of age as I had training after training and I also got bullied by my team mates. But I was able to step up and perform my best and even won an award for best team work despite being bullied and made to feel like I was not good enough. To me resilience is being able to bounce back in the face of defeat or even self-doubt. 

I suppose I am struggling a bit with my resilience at the moment because I have been having a lot of negative thoughts and negative memories have been resurfacing as well as negative situations have happened recently. I am really having to be resilient to push through everything right now. 

@scared01 @lennycat2017 @ecla34 @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @blissfulhope 

Highlighted

thanks everyone Smiley Happy
Highlighted

hey @mspaceK
your alwasy welcoem to join in

i like what resilience means to you and your examples as well but im sorry you had to cope with all of that. Ive seen your resilience in the time ive been on the forums, i beleive youll be ok but its ok not to be ok too.
Highlighted

@mspaceK  no such thing as too late! sounds like a lovely evening Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for sharing your experience of showing resilience in the face of bullying Heart that's amazing that you were able to push through and even win an award despite everything!! Smiley Very Happy

I'm sorry to hear that things have been building up in such a negative way for you at the moment, it can be so hard sometimes to just shrug things off when they keep coming at you, can't it? Smiley Sad I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way Heart

I really liked your point about showing resilience even facing you own self-doubt, sometimes that can be one of the hugest hurdles!

Highlighted

thank you @scared01 @ecla34 . 

It is hard to bounce back when you are feeling so defeated. How do you find the motivation to be resilient when life seems too hard? 

Highlighted

Hey @mspaceK
I find the good things in life that are happening at the time. If I feel really bad, I don't exactly know what I do...
I guess I just cry in my room for a bit, until I feel better. Or I write it down in my journal. Or what I like to call it, my feelings book...
Highlighted

Hi Everyone! 

Sorry I missed the session last night I had to work late Smiley Sad These responses were great and I love that we all have different perspectives on what resilience is! 

Thought I'd jump in late and answer these: 

What does resilience mean to you?

Resilience to me means growth. Resilience is not something most people are taught, I think that being resilient is built through experience and will not only change you as person, but it will also expand your understanding of relationships and perceptions of the world. 

Was there a time in your life when resilience helped you overcome an obstacle/get through a tough time 

Yes, almost always. Resilience has taught me to know my value and my worth - when I went through depression as a teen/young adult I realized I was capable of more than I gave myself credit for. As someone who struggled with family/friend relationships I realized how I wanted to be treated as person and the type of people I wanted in my life. Both of these things mean that now I don't settle for anything less than I deserve, in my relationships, in my job and all aspects of my life. 

What are some strategies you can use to help you stay resilient?

I often reflect on things that I have already overcome, nothing reminds you of how strong you are like lived experience. 

Another strategy is asking yourself what advice you would give your friend in this situation? Would you let your friend being treated like this? We can so easily encourage our friends out of their darkest days but be so hard on ourselves.

All round - it is just a HECK YEAH from me @ resilience. 

Hope you guys enjoyed these answers Heart