cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [GR] Routines

Hey @gezellig! I am the exact same. I'm very strict with my sleep schedule now so that I can wake up easier. It was so hard to get into but I'm glad I did Smiley Happy 

2. What type of routine do you have? What are the benefits to having a routine?

I don't have much of a routine at the moment, being in a cast and non-weight bearing and not having a job. So I basically get up when I wake up, and maybe have some food, sometimes I'll just wait until lunch if I'm not hungry. I usually spend some time in the afternoon on RO or I'll be doing something fun such as colouring or processing some photos.

Before my surgery, my routine consisted of a LOT of job search...

Benefits, as I posted for Q1, while it;s a favourite of mine, a routine can lessen anxiety by allowing you to remember what comes next in the day. Routines can keep you connected to those at work and social events.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

So true @scared01! Structure can be so helpful in getting out of bed in the morning Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

What type of routine do you have? What are the benefits to having a routine? 

In the morning, I have a routine for basic things like dress/brush teeth/eat, etc. Then I go to uni and the times for that are already set so I guess that's also a routine.

I think having a routine is good because it makes it easier to form good habits and keep doing the things you want/need to do. It could also reduce the time wasted because you know when to do things and don't have to think too much about what to do next. 

2. What type of routine do you have? What are the benefits to having a routine?

I honestly don't think I have much of a routine at the moment which is really bad! However I do plan to follow a routine in the next few weeks so I can effectively organise my time to prepare for my uni exams.

In terms of benefits, I really do think routines help to organise our mind, prioritise and find effective uses of our time and resources. I think they can be very useful to reduce some everyday stressors and allow us time for ourselves, as well as our commitments!

@Bee How did you go adjusting to having less routine? You mentioned planning some things to do like coming on RO, do you find that planning some activities like that helps with your day?

That sounds like a great plan to feel more prepared for exams @gezellig and hopefully reduce some of the stress!

Question 3: How can Routines be beneficial to  our mental health? 

giphy.gif

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@Jess1-RO I've not really had much of a routine for over a year now since I lost my last job Smiley Sad that was a bit of a shock but also good because the job was tiring me out emotionally. With the latest adjustment of not being able to be independent, it is hard at times, because I like being independent, but I know that this is temporary so that helps Smiley Happy
Yes I find coming online, planning GR's or other activities and responding to people helps break up my day and gives me a sense of doing something worthwhile Smiley Happy

Question 3: How can Routines be beneficial to our mental health? 

Routines can provide us with a sense of stability and familiarity which can help us feel good about the day.

Routines can help keep us engage in work, social gatherings, etc and we all know that social connection can keep us mentally healthy Smiley Happy