cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [GR] Routines

@gezellig @Jess1-RO love those answers!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Completely agree with routines helping out with motivation. I also find that they help with just getting stuff done, even when you're not feeling particularly motivated, so you don't end up falling behind in your work/studies/general life stuff like chores and laundry (bleh). I've definitely had mornings where I just DID. NOT. WANT. to get up (usually because I'd pulled an all-nighter the evening before), but then found myself half-stumbling my way to the train station early enough to catch my usual train, simply because that was what my body had gotten used to.

exactly @Asche ! motivation is hard sometimes esp of a morning!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Scheduling time for hobbies and relaxation is so important @cupcakes_032! Love the idea of scheduling yoga everyday, making time for relaxation can make a huge difference to wellbeing

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

4. How can we get into a good routine?
Practice. When starting a new routine, it takes time for your body and mind to fall into the routine to continue carrying it out.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart
Highlighted

@Bee Not sure about good routines, but I have a lot of experience about getting into bad ones (hellloooooo late-night internet binges), does that count? Smiley Tongue 

But seriously, I think a key part to getting into, and sticking with a good routine comes down to accountability. (At least, out of the ones that I've managed to hold onto for any period of time, at least.) Part of that is internal- recognizing that something IS important, even if it does feel like it sucks at the time (e.g. I'm asthmatic, exercise is not fun for me), and realizing how important it is to stick to it and commit to maintaining that schedule (even when other stuff comes up) because it actually pays off in spades in the long run.

But a lot of the time, that internal accountability might not be enough. It can be tough convincing yourself that you can squeeze even 30 minutes out of your day for a walk/meal/yoga session when you have assignments or a boss breathing down your neck. So it's often also helpful to use some form of external accountability as well - like playing as part of a community sports team, so you'll show up even when you're busy so you're not letting your friends down. Or even something like getting a gym subscription, so you know that you'll be penalized for wasting your money if you DON'T use their services.

question 4

to get into a good routine is to practice, it takes time ! it takes tome to adjust to a new routine but you also want to make sure this is the right routine for you long term.

hahaha @Asche Smiley Very Happy I am the same, late night binges can be soo good but so bad for routine...
Absolutely! Accountability is a great one!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

4. How can we get into a good routine?

I always love this saying "fake it till you make it" with routine! It has taken practice and finding what way to make routine work for me. Trying different ways of planning the day can be helpful such as writing, using an app, talking to someone else and agreeing on a plan or using software to make tick boxes. Whatever works for you! 

I also think it's important not to be too hard on yourself either- there are some days where I just can't get everything done when I wanted to, and that's okay! Sometimes giving yourself some room for change and flexibility in a routine is necessary to maintain it in the long term Smiley Happy

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Question 5) What roadblocks/difficulties have you experienced while trying to get into a routine and how have you overcome them?

giphy