cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [GR] Routines

3. How can Routines be beneficial to our mental health? 

I think that our minds crave structure, so if we can structure our days through the use of a routine, we can avoid any unnecessary stress and facilitate a healthy mind! 

@Bee oooh I think your last point is really important too!

I know personally, as part of a (very loose) routine, I meet up with my friends at uni twice a week. In this way, routines definitely facilitate social connections, which I do think is a big part of staying mentally healthy!

That's really tough @Bee, I hope that in time as your foot heals you will be able to sustain some more routine Smiley Happy Planning activities that are meaningful and that you enjoy is really important. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding the RO forums helpful for you right now

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

question 3

routines benefit our mental health because it really just creates a healthier environment for ourselves. it helps us get through the day even just the simplest things. 

Yeah it has been, but I'm pushing through Smiley Happy @Jess1-RO
I should be able to, I'm looking forward to when I can start hydotherapy, that will give me a bit more of routine as there are only specific times when the pool I like isn't taken up by swimming lessons Smiley Tongue

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee i love your answer to Q3! i very much agree with you
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

How can Routines be beneficial to our mental health? 

I really resonate with what @gezellig said that "our minds crave structure". That is so well put! 

I feel that having a routine helps the mind to know when it's time to work and when it's time to rest. It also really helps with motivation- on a really tough day I know that if I have a routine it is easier to get up in the morning and get moving. Having routine where other people are involved also makes me accountable to another person and helps me to make sure I am doing what I need to be doing for my wellbeingSmiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

4. How can we get into a good routine?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@scared01 haha I really like that GIF

How can Routines be beneficial to our mental health? 

As others have already mentioned, routines give some structure to the day and can also allow time for relaxation, which is important for mental health. I do yoga sometimes, and there was a period of time when I would do it almost everyday. It was helpful for my mental health as I felt calmer and it felt good having something to look forward to each day. Setting some time for hobbies can be helpful especially if you tend to neglect them for studies and stuff.

thanks @Jess1-RO, glad I can sometimes spit out those words of wisdom!!! Smiley Wink