cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [GR]: Self Positivity! 21st October at 7:30pm AEDT

@ApplesRoses  it really is so harmful and such a barrier to feeling okay!

I really love this: I am a human who worthy of love and respect, even though sometimes my mind says otherwise. Such a beautiful phrase to keep in mind Heart

I also really like how you literally try to talk to yourself the way you would to a friend you care about Heart It can be really hard to challenge negative thoughts about yourself, but that sounds like an amazing strategy! Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Generational Differences, starting on Monday the 11th of November! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@WheresMySquishy that sounds like a really nice way or being self-compassionate! You're so so right. When things are hard, even small things are a major accomplishment that you deserve to be proud of! Heart I'm so glad being self-positive has had such a good impact on how people make you feel Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Generational Differences, starting on Monday the 11th of November! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@ecla34  I agree! The way we think can really impact on our emotions and how we act. Sometimes, we can be our own worst critic.

Wow, that's so touching @ApplesRoses! It can actually be really hard to realise that we are only human. I'm glad you've learned to love yourself. You definitely are worthy of support and love. Heart

[R] Just got the email notification that this had started. I'm going to do these two questions, and maybe someone else in our system could answer some other ones. We'll see.

What are some benefits of self positivity?

Some that I can think of are being able to be in a better mood overall, as well as reducing your levels of stress and making you feel more confident about yourself. Self-positivity may also help you accept yourself for who you are and reduce negative self-talk.

What have you learned by being self-positive?

I'll be honest, I'm not always that self-positive, but with help from other members of my system, I've learned how to be more accepting of who I am and it's helped me feel a bit better even though we're going through a pretty tough time. It took me a few months to get my head around being a trans girl and non-binary, but self-positivity has helped get me through some of my low points and it's helped me deal with other outside pressures as well.

Those are some great points @SomeoneNADJS! I agree that being self-positive is a learning curve. I'm glad that being self-positive has helped you! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @SomeoneNADJS [R] thanks for joing us! Smiley Very Happy Heart That sounds like a really big thing to accept and wrap your head around, and i'm so glad that youve felt supported and that self-positivity has helped with that journey Heart

@SomeoneNADJS, it's great to have a support system that is there for you. It can be pretty tough to get through tough times by yourself, so sometimes in order to achieve self positivity. You must reach out to others for positivity, and they'll help get you to a better mindset. 

@WheresMySquishy when you mentioned how self-positivity is a learning curve that really struck me! Practising positivity really is a skill that we need to practice, in order to be able to do so when the bad thoughts start cropping up.

Like exercising a muscle Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink 

Angry Power GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Time for the next question!

I think we've started to touch on it a bit already Smiley Very Happy

Do you find it easy to be self-positive? If not, why?

easy office space GIF

Do you find it easy to be self-positive? If not, why?

Definitely not always! I tend to get pretty harsh on myself, and can really put myself down. I'm definitely one of those people who tend to fall into a negative thought spiral, where the more i negative self-talk, the more i dislike myself, and so the more i negative self-talk. I've been working on being more forgiving and positive in the way i talk to myself, and it has made a difference Smiley Happy