cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [GR]: Self Positivity! 21st October at 7:30pm AEDT

friends love GIF

Love GIF by swerk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Generational Differences, starting on Monday the 11th of November! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@ecla34 Sorry I was not online to participate, but i really enjoyed reading back over it all. Has got me thinking about self-positivity.
Knowing that I'm doing what's best for me, regardless of other people's actions, beliefs or opinions is one aspect of self-positivity that I'm currently working on. It's so tough when you doubt yourself and compare, but in the end, positive self-talk and self-belief help so much.
Reminding ourselves that WE know OURSELVES best!
Thank you again for this reminder xox

I am so sorry that I couldn't be online for this chat! I'll find time this week to read back on it to think about self positivity when I need it most.

I'll also answer some of the questions when I can too. Please look out for them!

Great discussion!!!!!!

I am a bit late but thought I would jump on and contribute 

What are some benefits of self positivity?  

It really helps with knowing your self worth
I have found that this has helped me get through some pretty challenging times
It can be infectious....in a good way! Other people can start to feel more positive about themselves

What have you learned by being self-positive?  
To quote Rupaul 'If you can't love yourself how in the hell you gonna love somebody else'
This doesn't mean that you can't love others whilst you feel negative about yourself, but the message is that loving yourself is just as important as loving and supporting others Heart

Do you find it easy to be self-positive? If not, why?

Most days I am able to be positive but some days this can be really hard.....I just try to give myself a break on those days I am struggling. Trying to be positive all the time can be hard...so being kind to yourself with this can be helpful. 

Is it easier to be positive towards ourselves or to others?  
Due to society focusing on how we interact with others, it can be easier to see the positives in others rather than ourselves.

How can we be more positive towards ourselves?  
I really like the suggestion from @ApplesRoses about being your own best friend and taking the time to say 'would I say that to my best friend'

I try to actually reflect on things that I have done and who I am and pat myself on the back. 
This may sound funny, but I often look in the mirror and say 'Claire you are smashing it you are legend keep it up' I find it a good way to start the day even if I am not feeling that way it makes a big difference.

Who do you look up to for self-positivity? 
I think at the moment Lizzo is all about self positivity, her music is a good way to get you thinking about some self love! 
Working Out GIF by Lizzo

I love Lizzo's music! Definitely helps with fostering self-positivity and love.