cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR: Self-care, 1st July

As all of you have probably seen, here on RO we absolutely love promoting the concept of self-care! There's a lot of content on the website about how to practice self-care and why it's so important! But what is self-care? And how can we incorporate it into our daily routine?

(There's an awesome article here about being awesome at taking care of yourself too, for those of you interested!) 

Life can get pretty hectic at times, and it can be difficult to know when it's time to take a step back and do something for yourself to keep yourself physically and mentally at your best Heart

I think the picture below sums it up pretty well...

Image result for can't pour from an empty cup

But if you're keen to learn a bit more about when it's time to practice some self-care, how to do so, or even just to share your favourite chill-out tips with everyone, then join us for our GR on self-care on Monday the 1st of July at 7:30pm AEDT, for our live chat! Hope to see you then!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Generational Differences, starting on Monday the 11th of November! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Re: GR: Self-care, 1st July

Hope everyone can make it on the night (myself included!) 

I'll just tag a couple of people to see if they're keen!

@DIVYA @dog_lover94 @FootyFan26 @Hozzles @I_am_not_Groot@Jane_Rose @Ladybug @lennycat2017 @LovesFood @lr8991 @Mcro@MisoBear @missyj @mspaceK @queenP @scared01 @skyedre @statuscaring@Sunflower18 @Tasi @WheresMySquishy @Asche @Bee @ecla34@ErinsAntics @Esperanza67 @letitgo @linkinpark13 @lokifish @May_ @missep@N1ghtW1ng @Puppies026 @blobby @SomeoneNADJS @Tiny_leaf @unwind@Bananatime04 @Brendos94 @Cheeseburger @keezeik @Matty D@MemphisBelle @Saltwaterdreamtime @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @DruidChild@Beautifullybroken @Blurryphaced @Charlie-29-1999 @dragon3 @Dyl@hellofriend @indieinsanus @Lonelyboy17 @Mrstweety5482 @nyke@rainbowpotato @skyfireinferno99 @SNUFFLES @not-an-otter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Generational Differences, starting on Monday the 11th of November! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

I'll try to make it! It sounds like a great topic.

Looking forward to it! Smiley Happy

Super excited to join this discussion tonight! Hope to see you all there Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Hello everyone! 

Welcome to tonight's GR, we are chatting about everything Self Care!

Lisa Vertudaches GIF

If at any time you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Let's talk Self Care!

parks and recreation treat yo self GIF

@ecla34 @WheresMySquishy @Hozzles @not-an-otter @Tiny_leaf @MochaChino 

If any of you are around and would like to join, we are starting here Smiley Happy 

Here we go!

Question 1: What does self-care mean to you? How is it different from just taking time to chill out?

Related image

Question 1: What does self-care mean to you? How is it different from just taking time to chill out?

What self-care means to me is more than taking some time out to "chill out". It is a habit/ritual that is just as important as sleeping and eating to ensure we can function properly and stay healthy Smiley Happy

Very excited for this GR and looking forward to what others have to say Smiley Very Happy

For me, self care is actually taking the time out of my day to properly focus on what I need for myself and taking care of myself; even if it's just making my bed so that I feel more relaxed when I fall asleep, it can really help with my mental wellbeing. 

Taking time to just chill out can be really helpful towards self-care, but its also about being present and in the moment rather than being distracted with something else. Self care is about caring (funny that Smiley Tongue) for yourself and making time to do so; setting aside everything else that is going on in your life and just focusing on you in the present moment.

Welcome @Esperanza67!

Could not agree more, self care is such an important part of routine!

Question 1: What does self-care mean to you? How is it different from just taking time to chill out? For me, self care is about looking after all parts of my wellbeing- it's more about making time for the things that make me feel renewed in my day, and giving my body and mind time to wind down and reconnect