cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting Real 23rd December: Reflections on 2019

I can agree with that @Bee! It all depends on the movie!

Have you seen Frozen 2 yet? I'm still waiting on that to happen with my family...

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx Nope I haven't seen frozen 2 yet. I was about to ask if it was good, but looks like you haven't seen it yet either Smiley Tongue

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Yup! Still waiting to see it too.
I can't wait, but I wish I didn't have to wait for ages...

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx  @Bee  I've seen Frozen 2! I thought it was good but not as good as the original. I don't want to spoil too much of it but I thought it was very different to the first one.

That's good to know @WheresMySquishy!
I still can't wait to see it.

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx  I would see it again on TV or DVD, but I wouldn't watch it again in the cinema like we did with the original a few times. We will probably get the DVD so my sister can watch it.
It's a good sequel. It was as if the filmmakers were trying to make up explanations for things rather than it being like an adventure like the original Frozen, although there were some action scenes in it. But I wish some things were explained better and some characters were featured more than others.
I watched the 2019 Aladdin remake with my sister yesterday and I thought it was actually a bit more exciting and more enjoyable to watch than Frozen 2, although there were some things I didn't like about it as well.

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx  I saw Frozen 2 the other day, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it! It's kind of different in tone to the first movie, but had some really lovely songs, especially one about (literally) having to put one foot in front of the other when times are tough. Plus some absolutely amazing animation, there are some scenes with a lot of water and waves that were mind-blowing. Can't believe how far computer animation has come! 

@WheresMySquishy  I want to see the Aladdin remake, but was a bit put off it after being super excited to see the Lion King remake and leaving a bit underwhelmed. Maybe that's because I really loved the original movie, and the stage musical, and I felt like it didn't quite live up to either of those. 

@WheresMySquishy @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @Janine-RO 

I'm looking forward to seeing Frozen 2 Smiley Happy I really liked the first one! Although... Did anyone else find 'love... of course!' a slightly inadequate explanation for how she could suddenly control her powers? Anyway, I live a couple of hours from a cinema so haven't had a chance to see the second one yet, but in a couple of weeks I'm hoping to line it up.

I didn't like the lion king remake much either @Janine-RO , but I loved the Aladdin remake! It was very close to the original (btw so cool to see actual people do all those action/chase scenes while singing!), and the couple of things they did change I thought actually made really powerful and beautiful statements that enhanced the movie a lot

Highlighted

@hellofriend  without ruining the movie with spoilers for you ,it did explore her powers a bit more in a way. I liked the way they fleshed out their back stories in a lot of ways - did you end up seeing it in the end? 

I would really like to see the Aladdin movie after reading what you've written, I'm also pretty keen to see the version of Little Women that's out at the moment, everyone I know who has seen it has really loved it Smiley Happy

That's cool @Janine-RO Smiley Happy I'm hoping to see it next week sometime