cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting Real: C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E good times come on!!

Hi mischiefmanaged!! Thanks heaps for sharing your experiences, sounds like year 12 was a tough time... but you got through it

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Wow, sounds like most people had a rough time during their final exams. At least everybody appreciated it being over. On to the next question then...

3. Again, whether you did it this year or not, what was the most challenging thing about the HSC?

mischiefmanaged - wow what an experience you had. I completely agree with what you are saying. In year twelve I can remember being told to do this and do that. or don't do this and don't do that. Students should choose what they want to do and enjoy their final schooling years - even if it is stressful.

You should feel super proud for achieving what you did with so much going on. I am sure you learnt alot more about life than what a grade indicates.

@DD, that's true... But I think in some ways it's more pressure for us because we have to do consistently well all throughout year 11 and 12! QCS is a loads of codswallop anyway. I did enjoy the QCS test though. Smiley Happy Apart from my writing task which was "essence"!? It scared me when I walked out and some girls were saying they wrote about vanilla essence..

KINDA UNRELATED, YO:

I'm going through my facebook from my HSC year and in the middle of statuses reading 'BELONGING IS DEAD' and 'I'M A FREE ELF' there is this video Smiley Tongue 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HZfoJuB8-8

Again, whether you did it this year or not, what was the most challenging thing about the HSC?

Controlling myself when all I wanted to do was set my Art Major Work on fire. I kid you not.

dreamcatcher - nothing like a good reflection on the past. the status updates during high pressure times are quite entertaining to look back at.

dreamcatcher: hahahah omg that vid is so funny!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

3. Again, whether you did it this year or not, what was the most challenging thing about the HSC?

Hmm, most challenging for me was finding the motivation, and it was hard to concentrate on school.

Again, whether you did it this year or not, what was the most challenging thing about the HSC?

The pressure and expectations from everyone else! You must take a science-based course because it will give you more options, you must get a single figure OP, you must go to uni, trips to the careers counsellor where she'd calculate your predicted OP for you and advise (push) you towards certain career choices... It felt like not doing well and year 12 was the worst thing that could possibly happen and I just couldn't handle the stress so I withdrew a fair bit. I was so worried about letting everyone down. If I had my time over I would do things very differently and stay more true to myself.