cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting Real: C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E good times come on!!

The most challenging thing for me was that I was really over school and so ready to leave, but I didn't really have a strong sense of what I wanted to do next...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Again, whether you did it this year or not, what was the most challenging thing about the HSC?

I remember having the journey topic for english - and the most challenging thing was to stop myself from complaining about the year 12 journey.

But really i think the most challenging thing was the stress placed on students to succeed and get high grades. it was like the be all and end all.... when looking back there are so many opportunites after school

my advice - don't sweat the small stuff and appreciate school as much as you can.

Highlighted

@delicatedreamer wrote:

. It felt like not doing well and year 12 was the worst thing that could possibly happen 

SO TRUE - it really felt like that to me too. And it couldnt be further from the truth!!!!!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

The most challenging for me was knowing that I wasn't going to get a good ATAR but having to try my best regardless. Although looking back, not doing well during my HSC has provided me a lesson in failure which I'm sort of grateful for now.

@Nathan, yes those final exam have been tough. Although my tip is to CHILL and find things outside of school or future related to escape to, that is what has gotten me through these exams. Especially when I haven't handled exams very well the last couple years....

3. Again, whether you did it this year or not, what was the most challenging thing about the HSC?
I think the most challenging thing of the HSC was probably needing to learn multiple subjects in depth over a short period of time, and having to REMEMBER EVERYTHING!!! It really got to me, and I have hit some really low points through it, but I also had some fun and I have some very good memories from it all Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@mischiefmanaged wrote:
@DD, that's true... But I think in some ways it's more pressure for us because we have to do consistently well all throughout year 11 and 12! QCS is a loads of codswallop anyway. I did enjoy the QCS test though. Smiley Happy Apart from my writing task which was "essence"!? It scared me when I walked out and some girls were saying they wrote about vanilla essence..

That's very true MM. I might have coped with the pressure better if it wasn't constant across the two years. Yeah I found the QCS test one of the least stressful parts, it was quite interesting. Oh ESSENCE!! I did essence too, we must have done year 12 the same year (2007!). That was such a hard topic! Haha vanilla essence, really? I think I wrote about the essence of a person or something... I had no idea what to do for that one...

3. Again, whether you did it this year or not, what was the most challenging thing about the HSC?
Dealing with depression. I was SO lucky to have a supportive school counsellor and teachers though. I spent a LOT of time in my school counsellor's office during year 11 and 12. And all of my teachers knew how unwell I was and most were EXTREMELY understanding.
Time management was also a problem. I had NO idea how to manage my time. Before year 11 and 12, I NEVER did homework because I always did my assignments in class and never needed to study because I could understand things really quickly. Then when I got to year 11, the workload increased massively and I couldn't just hear things once and get them instantly! I actually had to study which was such a foreign concept to me.

sounds like pressure is a big challenge for most of us. And I am pretty sure we have enough pressure from ourselves let alone everyone else.

And soph I could not agree more. At 17 and 18 I had no idea what I wanted to do. I was deadset against uni... and well how things changed. Considering I just finished my first degree.

@Sophie-RO wrote:

@delicatedreamer wrote:

. It felt like not doing well and year 12 was the worst thing that could possibly happen 

SO TRUE - it really felt like that to me too. And it couldnt be further from the truth!!!!!

Agreed Sophie - it is so far from the truth!!! There are so many options are after school, regardless of if you do well or not. Schools really need to get that message to kids more IMO.

@DD, yep 2007! I wrote about the essence of life. I do remember being quite freaked out when I read the topic. Considering the years before had "time" or "discovery" or something... essence seemed so much harder!!! I really enjoyed short response and multiple choice though! I loved that we couldn't study for QCS though... Although my school did try to make us by giving us practice tests and all these weird experiences. QCS is overrated though.