cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting Real: C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E good times come on!!

well it is no doubt the HSC, OP, VCE, (sorry if my abbreviations are wrong) but they all have their challenges so...

4. Any tips for surviving the FINAL year at school? What helped you?

@dreamcatcher - OH NO! Wait I read that as it caught fire... My major was about the Victorian bushfires... that was an epic challenge!

@Rhelna - Motivation is a hard one hey? I also struggled a fair bit with finding motivation

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@DelicateDreamer: THAT IS STILL SO TRUE! All the pressure! And Pushing. I'd nearly forgotten about all that!!! I certainly won't miss that! Smiley Tongue

Bee- Yeah, it was a big mountain to climb :/

4. Any tips for surviving the FINAL year at school? What helped you?

First thing that springs to my mind is support from my family. They were fantastic, particularly my mum. The school themselves were also pretty supportive and understanding.

@LeaLea07 wrote:

Again, whether you did it this year or not, what was the most challenging thing about the HSC?

I remember having the journey topic for english - and the most challenging thing was to stop myself from complaining about the year 12 journey.

But really i think the most challenging thing was the stress placed on students to succeed and get high grades. it was like the be all and end all.... when looking back there are so many opportunites after school

my advice - don't sweat the small stuff and appreciate school as much as you can.

SO true LeaLea!

Although I did belonging for year12 and Journey for Year11.

he pressure is insane, which is what DelicateDreamer was saying aswell. I agree that the pressure now days is just too high!!

Rhelna - I can relate. My family were great. I also worked out self care was super important. I had to learn to unwind - exercise really helped destress me. I had given up all my team sports to focus on studying - which wasn't the best Idea, but decided to join a gym as I could go when I had time.

Also my friends really helped me with managing year 12  - I think its easier when you are experiencing the same thing together.

Not sure if this counts for as a tip but a few days ago, I was thinking about how much I wish I could redo my HSC. I remember back during high school, I felt like the stuff I was learning was useless. But my attitude towards that has changed. I guess in advice format it would be: try not to find any immediate use in what you're learning but realise that the stuff you learn could somehow really benefit you in the future.

Highlighted

Any tips for surviving the FINAL year at school? What helped you?

Having family and friends to lean on. Especially friends because you're all in the same boat and can support each other. I think making sure you have interests outside of school is important too, to take your mind off things and help you chill out!

good point Nathan! Sometimes we take away alot more from the overall experience than the quotes we are insanely memorising for our english essays. Who knows you could be on who wants to be a millionaire one day and school taught you the winning answer!

@LeaLea07 - I only recently discovered how wonderful excercise is for stress. I wish I'd discovered it sooner :/
Not that I didn't excersice regularly Smiley Tongue