cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting Real: C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E good times come on!!

Great responses guys. It was really cool to see everyone so engaged with the discussion! Here's a summary of all of your responses.

People said that the best thing about their schooling years were the friendships and relationships they made. Towards the more senior years, people became less focused on drama and relationships became more deep and meaningful. Music also seemed to be a big part of people's schooling experiences.

When we talked about things we enjoyed about the HSC, it was hard to find things we truly enjoyed but there was the practical aspects as well as laughing with friends while studying – and most of all – we enjoyed when it was over!

It seemed like the most challenging aspect of people's final examinations was how stressful it was and the pressure surrounding it. People were made to feel like failing would have really bad consequences. The importance of high grades was probably the biggest factor contributing to people feeling stressed out. The huge increase in workload from the junior years to the senior years also stressed people out.

The support of family and friends is very important in helping cope with the stress of the final exams. Also, it's very important to recognise that your final exam is only one way of entering uni. There are many other pathways available. It really is not that big of a deal in relative to other stuff in your life. Being able to see beyond the immediate uses of the stuff you're learning about may also help increase motivation to study.

Emotions that people felt after completing their exams included relief and anticipation (for the results). It was also strange how school is something spend 13 years of our lives on and after a couple of days of exams, it's over. But that was made up for by the fact that everyone gets to party and celebrate afterwards.

For our sole HSCer, thinking about beyond the HSC that finished today, Bee said “I am still kinda unsure about what I will do. I have a couple plans and ideas, but nothing is set in cement. Whatever happens happens”. But for others, there was a gap year, travelling volunteering, work and uni. In terms of immediate celebrations, chilling out and treats were the order of the day.

@Rhelna Thank you Smiley Happy. It is very exciting. Your future plans sound very exciting too Smiley Happy

Thanks for that summary, Nathan! I agree, it was great to see everyone so involved in the discussion tonight Smiley Happy

This was great to participate in! Thanks guys!

THanks everyone! see ya next week! Loved the discussion tonight and hearing from all of you!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Whats next on the horizon? Or what happened next for you in 'life after school'?  Please feel free to share your future goals and ambitions.

I'm currently studying psychology, I'd really like to be a counsellor or a psychologist one day..... my DREAM JOB is to be an art therapist, but I'll have to swap universities later, which is something I'm aiming to do Smiley Happy

Straight after school, I did a lot of research and 'before uni study' to motivate/excite myself.

That's pretty much it at the moment...

Good night all! And thank you to LeaLea, Nathan and Soph for facilitating Smiley Happy