cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Real Session: Schoolies/Leavers- How to be smart about going all out.

For a lot of you, the pile of exams and assessments before the end of school, tafe or uni seemed like an insurmountable climb. How were you ever going to reach the top? But now it's over, you did it! Whether your climb was full of clear skies or clouded by stumbles and falls along the way, you finally came out on top, and so now it’s time to enjoy some hard-earned celebrations! There's life after year 12 and what better way to start that life than with a bit of a party? 

tumblr_mnf53wc2BK1s860nuo1_500.gif

So what’s your favourite way to celebrate? 

and

How can you be smart about going all out?

Whether you’re heading to the GC (Gold Coast), overseas or somewhere else and whether you're a Schoolie or a Leaver. It's the season for some end of school celebrations.

We think it's possible to stay safe, and not at the cost of having the best time of your life!

Here's some stuff we'll chat about on Monday: 

Mates sticking by mates

patton_oswalt_steve_carrell.jpg

Sure there'll be  a bunch of friend-making and clubbing, but how will you keep your adventures conflict free or without and what will you do to sort things out and keep yourself and your mates safe if they go pear-shapped?

Drugs and alcohol

6ded8e344c2b6fdbc0532f8c0c06776e.gif

For anyone wanting to dabble in booze or drug taking, you need to make sure you're all clued up on how to manage partying under the influence. What is your plan for getting home?  How will you know your limit? Do you have someone you can call if things go awry? How will you say nope if you're not feeling it?

Consent/Safe-sex

You might find yourself in a scenario where you’re going to be hanging with heaps of fellow schoolies/leavers. You’re going to be meeting new people, having a blast with friends, and maybe, you might get swiped right!

giphy (25).gif

So if you’re open to the idea of casual sex or getting to know someone on a deeper level how do you make sure the feeling's mutual and what do you do about the "safe" part of Safe-Sex? 

There's a lot to think about!

But we reckon if you join us for a bit over an hour on Monday night we can work out how to be smart about going all out and have the most excellent end of year adventures ever! 

UwO5bgz.gif

Come and join us on Monday November 16th, 8pm AEST!

Re: Getting Real Session: Schoolies/Leavers- How to be smart about going all out.

OK-Because-She-MacGyver-Facial-Disguises.gif

Hey everyone! I hope you are all excited for tonight's GR session on Schoolies/Leavers- How to be smart about going all out. @Myvo and myself will be facilitating a discussion on the best ways to keep safe and take care of yourself this end of school holidays and to hopefully grab a few helpful hints from some of us who have already been there and done that!

If you haven't already done so have a look at our community guidelines before you join in on the discussion. If at any point you feel you need some extra support, take a look at the emergency help resources which can be found in the top right corner of your page.

Alrighty, so here's our first question...

1. Schoolies/Leavers is a super exciting time for, well, all school leavers! What does finishing school mean to you? And for those who left school eons ago, what did you do to celebrate?

Re: Getting Real Session: Schoolies/Leavers- How to be smart about going all out.

Heya! Coz this is totes relavent!

Bruce!

I found it last night!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hello everyone! 

Great to be here for tonight's GR session. @OceanMaster1207, that gif is everything hahaha

1. Schoolies/Leavers is a super exciting time for, well, all school leavers! What does finishing school mean to you? And for those who left school eons ago, what did you do to celebrate?

Hm, I didn't do anything for Schoolies, which is ironic since I'm from the Gold Coast!  I remember that I worked night shift throughout the entire week and had a lot of Schoolies folk rock up to buy fruit Smiley Tongue Took it easy and hung out with friends when I could Smiley Happy

Schoolies/Leavers is a super exciting time for, well, all school leavers! What does finishing school mean to you? And for those who left school eons ago, what did you do to celebrate?

It means I get to RELAX!

If by celebration, you mean doing opens at Maccas for the entire week of schoolies, then yeah, I celebrated.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Heya @stonepixie!

Love it Heart

@stonepixie that is definitely relevant! Schoolies is always host to some wild and fun shenanigans! xD

@stonepixie 24 hour Maccas all the way. Sounds like a great time. 

I went to school at a tiny little country town up in the snowy mountains, so i celebrated by hanging out with some friends, stayed up all night, cooked heaps of food and drank what i would now consider waaaaay too much alcohol.