cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Happy holidays? Or is it?

@Rhelna thats very true. What about the people who have no one to spend the holiday with? It would be rather lonely and just like any other boring day i guess. Did you find anything to do to make the time to yourself somewhat enjoyable on Christmas?

oh rhelna-dress ups definitely make things more fun!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

My favourite christmas memories always are remembering the evidence left behind by santa Smiley Happy I would always get so excited knowing santa was about to visit or has been. Nothing more fascinating than magic when you are young.

@LeaLea07 I ended up doing solo karaoke for most of the afternoon/evening. It passed the time... Plus I was awesome. Smiley Tongue

What is your favourite holiday/Christmas memory?

I think just that overwhelming excitement as a kid, not being able to sleep, leaving carrots for the reindeer and cookies for Santa.

@Rhelna atleast you made it into a fun situation. When no one is around you can sing as loud as you want!! haha

Considering we want to hear about the good the bad and the ugly of christmas 

What is not to love about Christmas? 

Don't hold back Smiley Very Happy

I would say my favourite Christmas memory would be...FOOD! Haha XD 

Food is pretty big in my family, particularly in choosing what to buy and how it's prepared :3

Well I think we've talked about some of the annoyances but lots of people I know really struggle with xmas, because they have difficult relationships with their families so xmas serves as a reminder that things aren't great... Or families put pressure on them... Plus then there is the thing of the awkward lunches with family members you'd rather avoid. And also like we've touched on - this time of the year can really highlight loneliness if you are already feeling a bit lonely

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

What is not to love about Christmas?

One thing I find hard to handle is the attitudes of some people. Stress brings out the worst in people. The way retail staff are treated is sometimes so appauling. 

Also my bank account does not love christmas... but that is no surprise. It pays to think ahead in advance and buy a couple of things when you can throughout the year.