cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Happy holidays? Or is it?

What is not to love about Christmas?

Sometimes unexpected situations arise, which can ruin the joy of the season, but then again that doesn't really have much to do with the day itself.

Hmm, maybe when your going to a massive get together with your extended family (Most of who you don't actually know), when all you want to do it bum around and have fun with your immediate family.

I guess getting all the presents organised can be a little stressful, but I'm usually done before December even begins anyway, so I'm all set Smiley Happy

My favourite Christmas memories are of waking up throughout the night checking my stocking and the subsequent magic of waking up and seeing Santa had finally come

What's not to love about Christmas? 

I've worked in retail so for one, there's some very rude people! Not much Christmas cheer at all Smiley Sad

And yup, my bank account doesn't love Christmas either~it's basically moth-eaten and at sub-zero by the time the New Year rolls in D: I would also say that for some people, Christmas is a time for them to be generous. But I don't like the attitude of people only being generous during the Christmas season and no other time. What's wrong with all the other time pockets where you can show you care? 

More Specifically can you recall on a Christmas/holiday that was difficult? Why was it difficult? How did you manage the situation or what did you do? 

What is not to love about Christmas? 

Well, at work, Christmas (and the fact that the store will be closed for two whole days) makes people go crazy, turn rude and fussy! I don't like rude customers to begin with, but times that by 928739182739744 and you have Christmas Eve Smiley Sad

As a uni student, I'm already poor as, Christmas is like extra strain on my bank account (because I liketo buy ALL OF THE CARDS and send them and ALL OF THE PRESSIES and send them too).

Can you recall on a Christmas/holiday that was difficult? Why was it difficult? How did you manage the situation or what did you do? 

Certain family members and I don't exactly see eye to eye and the added stress of Chrissy makes it worse... but we usually keep away from eachother on the day (I usually just sleep in the sun) 

Thanks for joining us @Myvo 

It is alittle disappointing it takes a holiday to trigger peoples genorosity. I agree, people should find kindness in their hearts throughout the year. Or do something nice... just because. 

I think the first xmas after a loved one has passed away is always difficult... A reminder that they aren't around anymore...

Oh and if the family end up in a big argument on xmas day. All the advertisements are for these shiny happy families - but thats hardly the reality for a lot of people

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@Sophie-RO  I think you have raised a very good point about loved ones passing away. And this even relates to those who spend christmas with family yet do not overly enjoy themselves. To a degree that is an element of loneliness. You may be physically in the presence of others yet feel disconnected. So I thought I would throw this question out there...

What support ideas do you have for someone who is struggling with loneliness this Christmas?

What support ideas do you have for someone who is struggling with loneliness this Christmas?
I think one of the best things you can do is to keep yourself busy.