cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I am great. Yes I am.

Good points guys. Next question... What benefits do you think there might be to recognising your strengths? These might be to your self esteem, mood, to your friendships, to your academic life, at work, etc…

And also, adding to what many of you have mentioned about not wanting to have confidence squashed by someone else; when I'm talking about one of my friends strengths I'm pretty certain people are going to back me up on my points.
If they don't, well, it's not my confidence being hurt so it's easily the safer option.

@Birdeye wrote:
And also, adding to what many of you have mentioned about not wanting to have confidence squashed by someone else; when I'm talking about one of my friends strengths I'm pretty certain people are going to back me up on my points.
If they don't, well, it's not my confidence being hurt so it's easily the safer option.

Very true. I guess we have less to lose when we're not putting ourselves on the line...

@birdeye You're right. Smiley Happy

What benefits do you think there might be to recognising your strengths?

I suppose knowing your strengths will help you be a better, happier person because you can focus and enjoy those positive things without needing to focus on the negatives.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@ N1ghtW1ng Maybe they disagree with you because they are being modest? Or maybe not..

This conversation is all the proof I need to know that recognising strengths makes you feel good. It kind of just puts you on a positivity roll. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

I think when a person knows his or her own strengths, then they have the information they need to know to live a comfortable life. They will know what kind of job they will excel at and enjoy, the kind of people they should hang around, the kind of romantic partner that they could grow old and be happy with, and etcetera. 

@bethechange I think they are. It is so frustrating to hear them think so low of themselves when I know that they are better than what they say.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

I think it is good for self-confidence and self-esteem, which has flow on effects to a range of areas: mood, academic performance, belief in yourself, job performance... For me I think it helps me to feel more confident in my abilities which enables me to try new things and not be so worried about failing.

Highlighted

I think that recognizing your own strengths gives you the ability to harness them and know where best you can apply them to your everyday life and future.