cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I am great. Yes I am.

On this point, I think that we're also much more critical of ourselves, where as we find it easier to say how great someone else is at something. As soon as we make one mistake, we maybe think "well I can't be that good if I made that mistake", but even professionals make amateur mistakes - we all have off-days.

Alright guys and girls, some great responses on what kinds of things get in the way of identifying our strengths.Next question:

6. Have you ever been in a situation where you've used your strengths to your advantage? Was it helpful?

Exactly @bethechange, I was going to say something similar.

I know sometimes I don't feel like what I have done is adequate, or deserves the praise and acknowledgment it has received. ie. I was a finalist for the Young Designer of the Year and had my work showcased in The Powerhouse Museum. On opening night all I wanted to do was leave because I felt like a total fraud.

@sagira that's a massive achievement - you should be totally proud! Smiley Happy

6. Have you ever been in a situation where you've used your strengths to your advantage? Was it helpful?

I give excellent advice to people and am very good at understanding things. I was able to explain to a Japanese friend of mine the basics of baptism so she understood. It was very helpful. 

@bethechange wrote:
@sagira that's a massive achievement - you should be totally proud! Smiley Happy

Thank you,  I understand that it is pretty huge.  If it were anyone else I would be ecstatic for them.  Though it's interesting, even after all these years I still kind of feel the same way about it.

@_sagira_: Oh wow that is awesome! Go you! Smiley Happy

Have you ever been in a situation where you've used your strengths to your advantage? Was it helpful?

Probably, but nothing is springing to mind, haha! Actually, the other day I was anxious at uni and I used my organisational skills to help me. I was in a meeting with a staff member and became anxious to the point that I could hardly focus on the conversation. However I'd written a list of points I wanted to cover beforehand and I was able to use that list to focus myself and get through the key points of the conversation. I didn't realise it was a strength at the time, but someone pointed it out to me afterwards and I was like 'oh yeah, it was too!'.

@N1ghtW1ng, that's great that you had an opportunity to use your strength to help someone else - double win!

All the time, I don't think I would get much of anything done if I were not organised, committed, studious.

Highlighted

Wow congrats Sagira! I feel the same, especially when put under a spotlight, that I am undeserving even though my efforts and skills have gotten me to that point.

Have you ever been in a situation where you've used your strengths to your advantage? Was it helpful?

Yeah, there have definitely been quite a few occasions where I've used my strengths to help solve a problem or to get something going within a team. When I'm able to do something with it and get some positive benefiet out of it I usually feel pretty super as well Smiley Happy