cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I am great. Yes I am.

@delicatedreamer that's a solid response, totally agree.

I like tonights topic of dicussion, mostly because it's so hard to recognise and appreciate the amazing things that make you...you.

I'll be lurking a little, I have work that I need to get through, as it seemed to slip past me over the weekend.

I have always found it so easy to accept and admire others strengths.  How they handle situations and live their lives.  I find it difficult to fault others (family and really close friends aside), but it can come so naturally when it concerns myself.

What benefits do you think there might be to recognising your strengths? 

I think the biggest thing is an increase in self esteem, this then has a ripple effect in to other areas - you're more confident, people find it easier to speak to you, you're prouder, you're happier etc.

@sagira - thanks for joining in, even if you're lurking a bit Smiley Happy

You guys have some really great ideas tonight. Next question:

4. Do you think being aware of your strengths is the same as being stuck up? Why/why not?

Do you think being aware of your strengths is the same as being stuck up? Why/why not?

Of course it's not. I don't think it is because it is not stuck up to know your own strengths. Being stuck up is when you care only about yourself and not care about anyone else. Knowing your own strengths helps make you a happier person and whatever else others said.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

4. Do you think being aware of your strengths is the same as being stuck up? Why/why not?

It's one thing to acknowledge that you do something well, accept compliments and strive and work hard in that area, because you're aware that you are good at it.  It is another thing altogether when you use the strength to put others down, judge others, make opinions on others in comparison to yourself and think you should get special consideration and praise.  That's when it becomes stuck up.

Do you think being aware of your strengths is the same as being stuck up? Why/why not?

Being aware of your strengths is not the same as being stuck up, bragging about your strengths is more in line with stuck-uppiness. I'm sure to some, it may seem egotistical or narcissistic to spend time thinking about the good qualities we hold inside of ourselves but at least it's better than dwelling on the negative qualities.

High five, n1ghtw1ing! I agree. Beign stuck up is about only focussing on yourself and your perceived excellence. Knowing your strengths is about recognising your own abilities and working with them!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

@_sagira_ wrote:

It's one thing to acknowledge that you do something well, accept compliments and strive and work hard in that area, because you're aware that you are good at it.  It is another thing altogether when you use the strength to put others down, judge others, make opinions on others in comparison to yourself and think you should get special consideration and praise.  That's when it becomes stuck up.

Yes yes yes. This is pretty much what I was going to say.