cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I just can't cope.

@_sagira_ wrote:

Watching cat videos will always lift my spirits, if only a little.  Oh and baking...cookies especially, so I can get my chocolate fix.

@birdeyes, I wish sleeping was an option for me. Surprisingly it's easier during the day, but seems impossible at night.  Forcing your dog to hug you?  Isn't there always love there.

Oooh, chocolate! Smiley Very Happy 

Highlighted

@Rosie-RO wrote:

What are some of the things you like to do when you feel like you aren't coping with life?

I tend to curl up and watch an entire season of something extremely light hearted and fluffy. Like Glee.

I also write loads of lists and try and get my thoughts organised - I feel like things are more manageable when they're out of my head!

Hey Rosie! Some great strategies! 

Highlighted

@sagria - cat videos are a definite pick me up!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

2nd Q

Great stuff so far, everyone. There were some ideas for coping strategies that I might have to give a shot next time I'm feeling overwhelmed. Let's keep the momentum going with the 2nd question for the session:

What are some examples of situations that make you feel like screaming "I JUST CAN'T COPE!"

Highlighted

@Sagira: For most of my life I've always found sleep easier during the day.
I agree there should always be love there. Sometimes he just seems to want to sleep, forcing me to slightly invade his space and demand a hug. He forgives me... Smiley Happy

@lightuptheworld: Yes, they are one for the best things for comfort.
Highlighted

Re: 2nd Q

arrrggg!!

When I have 50 million things to do and I have a headache and I accidentally wore horribly uncomfortable shoes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.
Highlighted

What are some of the things you like to do when you feel like you aren't coping with life?

I cry. (Yea I’m a crier Smiley Tongue ) I’ll also write – sometimes a lot! Generally I just take some time out for myself. listening to some music.

@Graphiqual; Try by Pink, is definitely a feel good song!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

What are some examples of situations that make you feel like screaming "I JUST CAN'T COPE!"

Study stress, relationship pressures, expectations from family, etc. 

Highlighted

I don't think I've felt like that for a while, but I do particularly remember a couple of years back when my best friend was going through a rough time, mentally, and I was also going through a hard time, and I felt like I was going to melt down because couldn't cope with trying to take care of her while also taking care of myself. Other less extreme situations, would be having to cope with expectations from people (mostly myself), and also social anxiety, for me. 

Highlighted

When I know I have a big day and haven't gotten any sleep.

When a lot seems to be being expected of me.

When every teacher seems to have just not spoken to any of my other teachers about the amount of homework/exam prep required of me.

Right now. When I'm alone and something is wrong. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but I'm not sure what's going on, I'm quite sure I'm physically safe, but a part of me is terrfied because the lights and some other things are playing up.