cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 4th Q

@Bee wrote:
What are some examples of 'good' ways of coping with stuff? What's worked for you in the past?

Good examples, writting in a journal, talking to a friend, playing mahjong or suduko
I found that if I'm thinking of self-harm, lying on the floor of my room - where I can't reach anything sharp can help me get the thought out of my mind... I just take my laptop or pens and paper and away I go to leaving the thought behind

Great suggestion Bee- I'm going to have to remember that one! Also, I love playing mahjong as a distraction. Or Peggle. Smiley Tongue 

Re: I just can't cope

So, you've mentioned some great suggestions of 'good' strategies but, How do you feel after you use these 'good 'strategies'? How do you know they are working?

Highlighted

thats a really good idea, a coping bank...

How do you feel after you use these 'good 'strategies'? How do you know they are working?

I think I know a strategy was good if I feel more calm, less stressed out, more able to think clearly and positively, more in control, and if I feel like I can know how to move in the right direction afterwards. 

@Lihtuptheworld: I've never heard of Peggle!

How do you feel after you use these 'good 'strategies'? How do you know they are working?

Generally I feel more calm, able to get on and do other things. I guess I know if they are working when I can feel a difference in how I'm feeling Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I think I know something has been helpful if it helps me stop fretting. If I can clear my head and get rid of distraction/confusing thoughts caused by stress, I can usually approach a situation in a much more practical and helpful way.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

I usually feel a bit more chilled out, calm and less stressed. I also feel more able to cope with things.

EDIT: Good summary Rosie, I agree 100%.

@graphiqual wrote:

I think I know a strategy was good if I feel more calm, less stressed out, more able to think clearly and positively, more in control, and if I feel like I can know how to move in the right direction afterwards. 

Great answer graphiqual. Smiley Happy I agree- I know something is working if my mood has improved. 

It makes me realise that I still have control over how I handle and react to a situation and if I implement positive coping strategies I feel like I have accomplished something, be more at ease, focused and clearer headed.

I have never joined a forum before, I've learnt some things tonight which I am going to use... and hope to improve the pain... thank you for sharing with me and others ... i certainly appreciate it