cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Is cupid your homeboy or just rhymes with stupid?

@Sophie-RO They sure do haha Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

This question baffles me because i have been with my boyfriend for a long time  and he has yet to make it "Facebook official" )  (FYI: it says pending since 2008 ) and at first i was really annoyed at this ... but nowadays i think it was a good thing. Because if people saw the amount of times we have broken up and got back together... they would probably tell us to tick the "its complicated status"

Highlighted

What do you think of labeling (making things “Facebook official”) - “boyfriend”, or “girlfriend”. Or are all relationships in the category “its complicated”? *head explodes* I know that at uni when it's 'facebook official' sh*t's real, and everyone's like 'WHOA, GUYS, IT'S OFFICIAL' like how does that even happen? Do couples have a talk and when they should become 'facebook official'? Hahaha

But there are so many labels, but I think the 'it's complicated' one is weird, because everyone reaction is 'OHHHH TROUBLE IN PARADISE' and treat it like it's a 'pre breakup' stage. I don't know, man.

Highlighted

What do you think of labeling (making things “Facebook official”) - “boyfriend”, or “girlfriend”. Or are all relationships in the category “its complicated”?

I really think it's each to their own. If people want to do that, then that's their choice and they should go for it! I don't like the idea of pressuring others to put a relationship status on Facebook, particularly how "it's not official until it's Facebook official" = =. I believe that labelling goes both ways - it can be awesome but it can also be detrimental. It's nice to see your relationship right out there but it can almost be rather tiring, annoying or stressful when the relationship goes through a rough patch. As with the category "it's complicated", relationships can be whatever they want it to be. 

Hm yes I've also found labels are not always right for every couple - so to opt out of it (not just on facebook but labelling in general) works for lots of people these days...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

I believe relationship labels are becoming too superficial. At the end of the day, if the two people in the relationship know what their relationship is about, and they have a solid understanding of one another, then nothing really else matters. I also believe a lot of the times some young people feel pressured to put themselves into a category.
Highlighted

In terms of making it "facebook official" i think its a personal choice partners in relationships make. Sometimes it's nice to inform the world makes it that bit more exciting, if social media and such are your cup of tea that is. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@dreamcatcher  

I can tell you many convos have occured about the old "umm babe its still pending" !! 

haha full head explosion though- i totally agree.

Anyone else get the same reaction - its not official until its "facebook official". Or is it a bit of a mile stone to make it official Smiley Happy it a cute lovey dovey way (and for the couple to not have to remember annivesary dates- thank you facebook reminder)

Highlighted

What do you think of labeling (making things “Facebook official”) - “boyfriend”, or “girlfriend”. Or are all relationships in the category “its complicated”?

I think labelling is kind of a natural next step for relationships isn't it? How do you know if you're an exclusive couple if you aren't boy/girlfriend? Gosh that sounds juvenile but I've never had a bf before so I don't really know how it works. I don't know about making it facebook official, I think there are some positives to it being on a facebook and some positives for keeping it off there.

Highlighted

I found what you had written very interesting @delicatedreamer

If you don't put your relationship into a category, what is the next step for the relationship?...