cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is cupid your homeboy or just rhymes with stupid?

With Happy Singles Day aka Valentines Day fast approaching on Feb 14th we've decidedthat Monday's Getting Real session will be dedicated to that global conundrum: relationships.

We want to know what you think about your infamous 'relationship status' - a question we are faced with all the time. No matter what your “relationship” status is, it’s sometimes good to sit back and reflect on the relationships you are in or have been in, or even hope to be in. Because lets face it they can be complicated. Valentines day can be a tough day for everyone- there is pressure for those in relationships to come up with inventive ways to display their love, and if your relationship isn't all fireworks and roses it can be a reminder that things could be better. Then when it comes to those of us who are single it’s a day where it's implied we're somehow inadequate because we are single!

Have you seen the movie Valentines Day??? I think it captures the complexity of relationships and valentines day. The movie follows snippets of relationships that are different in all sorts of ways – which relationship category do you fall in? The unacquainted love of Edison, or the energetic relationship between Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner. Or are you more a reflection of Kara (Jessica Biel) – the Anti Valentines Day crusader who organizes an annual “I hate Valentines day” party with your closet friends.

This Getting Real session we want hear what you have to say about relationships and the roles they play in your everyday life - not just on Valentines day. We also want to know what keeps you from going all Taylor Swift and writing albums of break up/ heart ache songs.

Friends are often the ones of prevent this kind of behavioural display. Relationships come in many different forms and it is sometimes the ones that we have with our friends that keeps us going on days like Valentines Day. So lets use Monday to share ways of dealing with not only diversity of relationships but also ways to make this coming Valentines Day filled with love (whether its for your friends or partner).

Re: Is cupid your homeboy or just rhymes with stupid?

Happy Monday everyone- thanks for joining us for tonight. Welcome to tonight’s Getting Real session. We will be talking about relationships and the fast approaching “Valentines day”. So whether you are single or in a relationship we want to hear your stories and what you have to say!!

Tonight’s session will be run by myself, hhiteros and Sophie.

As always if anything in tonight’s session upsets you in any way there’s an emergency help tab in the top right hand corner which we urge you to use. Also keep in mind that we want to keep this discussion safe for everyone so try to stick to the community guidelines. Thanks 

To get the ball rolling lets start with:

What does being in a relationship mean to you? (Is it about compassion? Respect? Love? Compromise?) 

Hi all! and thanks to EloiseRosie and hhiteros for facilitating this very relevant convo about LOVE, RELATIONSHIPS, FRIENDSHIPS and everything else.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hello everyone! Hope you are all mighty fine this evening.

Annnnnnnnnnnd I'm here to represent/take part in the 'Valentines day is lame' team, haha. 

What does being in a relationship mean to you? Honesty, loyalty, compassion, respect, fun!

Sorry we are a bit late to start btw!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

hmmmm what does relationship mean to me??? It's gotta be respect!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hey  @dreamcatcher 

Thanks for joining! Im with you on relationships are about having fun! 

Hi drrrrreamcatcher! oh yes, fun! too often we forget that!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Personally i think relationships are about honesty, trust, fun and a bit of luck!!

I know luck sounds strange but a lil bit of luck in a relationship goes a long way. 

Hey there everyone!

I do like the qualities that @dreamcatcher has put out there about relationships. Now: 

What does being in a relationship mean to you? 

> To me, it's about having fun, being respectful, loyal, compassionate and adventurous! Smiley Very Happy