cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: It's a wild world.

@N1ghtW1ng: Totally - Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming! Smiley Tongue

Have you ever found yourself remembering only the bad things that have happened in the world (like natural disasters, or people being rude) over a period of time?

Yep, this afternoon was a prime example for me. I kind of just sat wondering where everything went so wrong. All I could think about was how I wasn't up todate with my drama major, and all these other negative thigns that didn't reach expectations of 'where I should be'. I also tehd to ruminate upon things for *wayy* too long. WHich not only annoys those around me but also does more damage than just feeling hurt and letting it go.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Rosie-RO wrote:

For sure! I think i tmight depend on my mood (or whether I've eaten breakfast - HA!). Sometimes I'll get to work and be like: "ARG! I missed the bus, and THEN I didn't have enough change for my coffee, and THEN I was late to a meeting because I had to go to the ATM. The world hates me, and everyone is mean".

Otherdays, the exact same thing might happen, but I'm like "lol - interesting trip to work today".

Some days I get overwhelmed with all the sadness in the world. Other days I feel really lucky that I have a good life. 

I can definitely resonate with this. My mood often impacts on how I think about things and vise versa! Sometimes I can laugh it off, others I want to throw pillows or curl up and ignore the world for a bit.

Highlighted

@Bee: Loving the Doryism! I also tend to focus for periods of time on negative aspects, although not usually to do with the world but myself.

Highlighted

@Rosie I agree, with it depending on your mood. For example, I might be in a really crappy mood and just focus on everything negatively and everything bad that has happened recently or even ages ago (or stuff that I imagined) but other days (and thank-fully most days) I forget about the negatives. I mean, I know that they are there but I don't dwell on them and, if possible, I make the negative a positive. 

Highlighted

Hey guys sorry I missed the last q I just ran out of battery and wasn't near my charger!

In our heads we constantly obsess over things that we’ve done wrong or flaws that we see in ourselves. Why do you think this is?

I think we obsess because we're constantly being told to be better or aim high. I think when I was growing up my parents forgot to tell me that I could and will make mistakes often and now when I make them I think it's the end of the world. Like when my eyebrow started twitching in my speech that's pretty much all I remember about it.

These days it isn't like the positive messages aren't out there but making a mistake makes us feel awkward or embarro and thus we tend to dwell on it. These days sometimes I purposely do awkward stuff before I speak so that I don't think of my mistakes as so awful. Also people tend to laugh which loosens me up!

Have you ever found yourself remembering only the bad things that have happened in the world (like natural disasters, or people being rude) over a period of time?

In general I actually don't get brought down by the big natural disasters, although I find them sad it is in my nature not to get too attached to things. It is also a huge part of Buddhism, which is my religion of choice, although I usually call it a life philosophy. Basically Buddhism says that we feel down because we are so attached to things and thus not to feel so down we should remove the attachment. So in general I don't get attached to stuff, which doesn't mean I don't have feelings but has helped me to overcome some of the depression I've struggled through across my life.

Highlighted

Hello Everyone Smiley Happy
actually this issue made me sign up to ReachOut Cat Wink
I read some few article here n there Smiley Tongue
I'm happy to join you all here Smiley Very Happy

so , my country is at War right now and it seems that we are surrounded in danger Woman SadSmiley Sad
u really should knoe what's happening here Smiley Sad(
so the negative ideas are celebrating with us everyday .huh Smiley Sad
I'm here to hear from u and share my experience

thank you

Highlighted

I', disappointed right now -_-
Highlighted

@Atma I have to agree with you, on everything you've said. Especially the stuff on Buddism, even though natural disasters are sad, they've happened and there is nothing you can really do to stop it from happening. 

Maybe on some days we are just better at accepting the things that go wrong... we are better at not letting them contaminate the good stuff?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.
Highlighted

Hey Soplada!

Welcome to RO.com it's great that you're getting on board with some support for what you're going through right now.

We're just as happy to have you here!