cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: It's a wild world.

Welcome, Soplada! It's great to have you here. Seeing as you are brand new to ReachOut.com, be sure to have a look at the guidelines http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/MUST-READ-ReachOut-com-Guidelines/m-p/16#... 

We're really looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.
Highlighted

@Soplada: Thank you for joining us Soplada. We're very happy to have you Smiley Happy. I'm sorry to hear that but hope you find some insight and joy from tonight's chat.

Highlighted

I completely relate to you on the Buddhism philosophy Atma. I've been following a far more spiritual path in the last 7 months or so and have found that I am really not being affected by global issues as much. I think it has a lot to do with the fact I don't watch the news. I'd rather be ignorant. I don't know it's bizarre, it's like I am empty of emotion, and only observing when something seriously tragic happens.

Although I tend to react to things that happen to me personally in my own life on a global level. Something which needs working on. So yes, if I get an idea in my head about my inadequacy about anything, it can tear me down.
Highlighted

Thanks N1ghtw1ng.

I don't like preeching about Buddhism and find it is a philosophy people find themselves rather than being converted. But for me personally it's done some great things.

It doesn't at all mean that we can mourn or be sad about natural disasters, everyone is welcome to their feelings, but just promotes being able to let go.

For me it helps me not to dwell on the negative stuff, like death or loss and think about some of the positives.

Highlighted

@Sagira: That's an interesting view, it's amazing how much negativity comes from the news.
Highlighted

@Sagira: I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't watch hte news! I felt so awkward today in Drama because we were talking about Modern, relevant,hard hitting contemporary issues for our group performanes and I was hte only one who had no clue about anything other than the boston bombings!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

I can totally relate to what you're saying there Sagira, as much as I try not to let things get me down, there are still some personal things which I can't help but be affected by.

I also agree with you on the news aspect, I don't watch it often and prefer to get my news via word of mouth!

Highlighted

thank you all :') :')

Highlighted

@Bee yes, much of what I learn about current happenings is discovered through the use of social media. It spreads like wildfire...
Highlighted

that's super RIGHT !