cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: It's a wild world.

@Atma wrote:

It doesn't at all mean that we can mourn or be sad about natural disasters, everyone is welcome to their feelings, but just promotes being able to let go.

For me it helps me not to dwell on the negative stuff, like death or loss and think about some of the positives.

I love how you've interperated what Buddhism (spelling?) means to you, deffinately sounds like something that has made a positive change Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

thank you Smiley Happy
m pleasure Smiley Very Happy
you're nice here guys Smiley Wink
Highlighted

@Soplada Welcome to ReachOut forums and thanks for joining in on the GR session. Smiley Wink

@sagira I don't intentionally watch the news, I end up watching it because my mum has control over the TV remote and likes to watch it. It actually annoys me when I hear about some of the stuff (not the sad stuff) that goes on because it's really not worth everyone knowing about it when there are more important issues going on. 

Highlighted

Interesting views/thoughts everyone. I'm similar about avoid the news sometimes too.
We know negative things happen but how do they affect us and how can our moods impact on how we react and act to other and events? Remember a time when you were in a negative state of mind, when things just didn’t seem to go your way, or everything seemed really bad. Did you find that this mindset changed the way you act and also how you normally interact with other people? How?

Highlighted

@_sagira_ wrote:
@Bee yes, much of what I learn about current happenings is discovered through the use of social media. It spreads like wildfire...

I swear that's how I hear about most major events in the world these days!

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng Oh I know what you mean, like...coles and woolworths battles. It's all the' human interest' stories which are sort of garbage. Or what the latest anti wrinkle technique is on the market.
Highlighted

@Bee wrote:
deffinately sounds like something that has made a positive change Smiley Happy

I'd have to agree it's been brilliant, particularly around negative thinking in general.

I think in general we're all capable of great things and we all have the ability to adapt philosophy/thoughts into what works for us, we just need the determination to do so and keep doing so until we achieve the desired result!

Highlighted

Remember a time when you were in a negative state of mind, when things just didn’t seem to go your way, or everything seemed really bad. Did you find that this mindset changed the way you act and also how you normally interact with other people? How?

Oh yes, it can change and alter my state of mind on levels I can not even fathom.  The most recent event happened about 4 weeks ago now.  It was the whole exam issue, not sitting it, having it re-scheduled and being in a complete and utter state of distress and totally distraught, that led me to do things that were very self destructive to my mental and physical state.

I did not want to talk to anyone, I shut myself in my room for a week...completely withdrawn.  I had to go to uni(for compulsary things and other exams), but other than that I did not go anywhere.

Highlighted

Remember a time when you were in a negative state of mind, when things just didn’t seem to go your way, or everything seemed really bad. Did you find that this mindset changed the way you act and also how you normally interact with other people? How? 

I wasn't in a very good mood and when I went to school I barely interacted with my friends and was very introverted, closed off. Different to how I usually act around my friends because in my bad mood, I just didn't feel like conversing with anyone because I might do something I regret or I might get more annoyed or negative. 

Highlighted

@NqghtW1ng: One of hte main reasons I don't watch it, or don't pay that much attention if I'm in the room Smiley Tongue

@Sagira: I read your post and laughed! I read your post in a mockery voice... But it's true some of the news is so irrelevant, I mean why can't we as humans age naturally? I'd much rather see an older person with wrinkles than with perfect skin wiht no aging or marking, I reackong it would scare me a bit.... (Weird internal image - haha)

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart