cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: LIVE CHAT: Accessing Mental Health Support Online - Thursday 23 April

@musicfan_xo  ohhh, I'm sorry to hear that you bullied, no one deserves that! Maybe you could re-email 7cups or call them? Have you had a look at face to face options? Could you maybe look at the Reachout main website to help guide you in choosing a face to face service? I'm sorry to hear you were banned from the forums too, that must be frustrating for you too.

I've never accessed services in this way but I'm here for you, keep me updated if you like.

Highlighted

Thanks, and i'm not too sure @Tay100 

Highlighted

@musicfan_xo hiya, can I just clarify, what aren't you to sure of? 
Ohh also, I replied to the other thread too so feel free to check that out.

Highlighted

@Bananatime04same here i find face to face counselling is very confronting for me as well,when i was still at tafe i had to talk to the counsellor a few times and i found it way to confronting & it also made me more anxious

Highlighted

Sorry to hear that you find face to face counselling to confronting @Love_elmo77. I understand that it can be hard starting counselling and talking about what's on your mind with someone new. Do you have other supports that you feel more comfortable using at this stage? Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@Sophia-RO i started face to face counselling first and then decided to find online web chat on kids helpline or lifeline,i mostly use kids helpline web chat
Highlighted

@Love_elmo77 I'm really glad to hear you've been able to talk about stuff through the kid's helpline webchat Smiley Happy I hope that you'll be able to keep using it, and we're also here for you whenever you need

Highlighted

@TOM-RO i hope i can use kids helpline when i need to as well..........
Highlighted

I'm sure you will be able to @Love_elmo77 !

Highlighted

@Bananatime04 @Love_elmo77 

It's definitely normal to find face-to-face counselling confronting! I personally see a psychoanalytically-oriented counsellor, and in their method they never face the client. Instead you kind of lie down on a couch while they sit in a chair that's at the end of the couch facing a different direction. I find this really helps me to speak my mind and not get freaked out by the eye contact - also you can go silent for a bit and it's not awkward. During Covid-19 we've been doing sessions via the phone (no video). I highly recommend if you find face-to-face counselling a bit intense to ask your counsellor if you can do this kind of setup. Hope this helpsSmiley Happy