cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Let's break up

Considering we have established different perspectives or experiences of relationships that end in a break-up we thought it was a good idea to ask.... 

How did the break-up make you feel? What kinds of emotions did you experience?

sounds like already, the theme is: communication is key.

Yea, nightwing, sorry it's been so tough, hopefully by the end of tonight you might come away with some ideas on how to be at peace with what's been going on.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

For all of my little ones, even the prep one, I think the main thing I felt was confusion. 

Then some sadness, anger/annoyance and self doubt.

@birdeye everyone is welcome to join in. Even if they were primary school break ups. All experiences provide experience and perspective on this topic Smiley Happy

Well the *romantic* relationship that I was in ended quite suddenly, so there was a lot of shock/disbelief at first. Whereas with friendships, it was more a case of drifting away gradually over time. It's only when I think back to the past that I sometimes feel sadness that those friends aren't there anymore.

I remember feeling a mix of emotions, which made it all very confusing! I was angry but relieved.. jealous but not at all interested. One break-up was almost paralyising but I think I learnt and grew the most from this experience.

Because I have had a few break ups the worst ones made me feel crushed, a broken heart is hard to define but like crying everyday, felt empty for a while and pretended to be happy more so I wouldnt show people my pain. This got better  with time but breakups and emotions are different with different relationships. 

@lokifish, I think the friends that slowly drift away over time can be very difficult emotionally because it’s drawn out and we begin to miss what we once shared.

We'd been slowly drifting apart, I've tried to get back in contact with them but it didn't last very long. I felt very sad and lonely, despite the friends I have here, in QLD. There is also another friend whom I see whenever I go down but when I do, I feel apart from her, like we are on two different levels. It made me feel very sad and depressed, I just felt lost too, not sure what to do. And I've tried to fix it but I feel like a terrible friend because I half blame myself, I mean, perhaps I should call her or something. 

@bethechange, @lokifish, @birdeye - I think your emotions in regards to break ups highlight the rollercoaster ride they can be.

I think personally I habe experienced numerous emotions in my break-up experiences. Ones you have all mentioned. Emotions seem to change, they come, they go and some of the ones we experience eventually disappear overtime (thankgod).