cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Let's break up

1. Have you ever been in a relationship that ended in a break-up?

Yes I have. Not really officially but my two close friends and I kind of broke apart when I moved to QLD. I hate it. 

Hi lokifish, we’re glad you could join us here this evening to join in the discussion! Smiley Happy

Yeah, was it that one of you were more mature than another? Or that one of you were looking for something more serious? These kinds of things can be really difficult to match up!

@Dilz - its nice to hear your breakup was a peaceful one. Some breakups aren't all bad.

OOOOO dilz tell us your magical secrets?? what helped to make the break up less messy? what qualities did you each bring to the break up that helped that happen?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@bethechange Yep, both of those things. There was a large age gap between us and he was definitely wanting to take things further than I was ready to, a lot of which simply had to do with age (I was the younger one)

@lokifish wrote:

And seeming as though we're including friendships, I've had a lot of experience with that over the years Smiley Sad

I agree with Sophie, friendship breakups are probably the hardest kind to deal with...

I agree friendships are hard especially if the person is like family to you and they are the absolute worst. 

@lokifish well it’s good that you were assertive enough to know what you wanted (or didn’t want) from him at that time.

@Sophie-RO wrote:
OOOOO dilz tell us your magical secrets?? what helped to make the break up less messy? 

Nothing magical. I think we we're just at a point where we weren't able to see each much during the week and we kinda drifted apart. I guess one of the things that made it less 'messy' was that we had a very good, long talk about it before finally breaking up and it was quite a clean break. I don't see him much anymore which is kinda sad. 

@lokifish wrote:

And seeming as though we're including friendships, I've had a lot of experience with that over the years Smiley Sad

I agree with Sophie, friendship breakups are probably the hardest kind to deal with...

They really are the worst. Smiley Sad

Hello all!

I probably won't be able to contribute much tonight.

1. Have you ever been in a relationship that ended in a break-up?

Sort of. I haven't ever really had a proper boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. More the, primary school break ups.

And if we're counting them (which it seems we are?) certainly the friendship break-ups.