cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Let's break up

@bethechange @lokifish I agree, and it doesn't help when you are in two different states.

@NightWing I know I've had times where I've blamed things that I've done/haven't done for friendships ending. Feeling like you should've tried harder and you could've stopped it from happening. But ultimately I learned that there's only so much you can do if the other person doesn't reciprocate, or if you've grown into two completely different people. Not sure if that makes sense

@lokifish Don't worry, I have a unique ability to understand almost everything. It makes perfect sense.

@NightWing Yeah, interstate friendships are really hard Smiley Sad I live in Victoria but one of my best friends lives in NSW, so I know how you feel.

@lokifish, @N1ghtW1ng - i think you both highlight the fact that perspective on these situations really help!

perspective is a gift we can all use to help deal with our emotions. It is like telling yourself "if you are feeling bad or down, don't worry because all things pass...as will this"

@N1ghtW1ng, friendships can be very complicated and it’s understandable that you would feel those kinds of emotions. I know what you mean aswell, because some friends I see I feel like I am less and less like them and it must affect how well we interact with each other. I have tried to find friends that are more in-line with who I am today but still not dismiss my old friends if they still want to keep in contact – it can be very difficult though.

Okay, so we have discussed how all break-ups (in general) between friends and romantic partners made us feel. However, was it just one person pushing for the relationship to end or something mutual? Which leads us to our next question:

3. Was the break-up mutual or one way? How did either situation make you feel?

@LeaLea07 I think perspective is one of the greatest things you can teach yourself. Smiley Happy

I want a tattoo saying "This too shall pass" Smiley Happy

3. Was the break-up mutual or one way? How did either situation make you feel?

I have been on the instigating and receival end of a break up - and you know what both are extremely hard.

Hurt was inevitable in either case.

Was the break-up mutual or one way? How did either situation make you feel?

Well the prospect of ending the romantic relationship was his idea, but ultimately we came to a mutual decision about it. I think when decisions are mutual they can be a little easier to deal with as you feel like you've had a say and aren't having something forced on you.