cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's talk about Sex......ual Diversity!

Sexual diversity is something that is talked about frequently, but what is it exactly and how does it shape who we are as people? Sexuality can mean that you are straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual or any combination of these things! We want to know what it means to you and how you feel about your sexuality. 

Sexuality is not always a concrete thing - it can change throughout your life! This can be a confusing experience and we are going to talk about how we can understand this and be self aware of who we are and how our sexuality shapes our identity. You are who you are but there are many influences that can change your opinion and feelings about your sexuality, such as being bullied, harassed or experiencing homophobia. These can also affect your well being in a number of negative ways. By sharing experiences and discussing scenarios, we hope this session will help you learn more about sexual diversity and how we can help promote inclusivity.

We also want to talk about how we can support friends or family members who are trying to figure out who they are, having supportive people around you can lighten the burden of a confusing time so lets talk about how we can be supportive of the people we love as well. 

Come join us this Monday 18th February at 8pm AEST, we'll be talking all about sexual diversity and what it means to you, how you react to people with different views to you and how sexual diversity can impact our wellbeing. 

If you want more information about sexual diversity check out this factsheet

http://au.reachout.com/What-is-sexuality and read this story http://au.reachout.com/Bisexual-worries . We can’t wait and we would love to know what sexual diversity means to you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

Re: Let's talk about Sex......ual Diversity!

Welcome everyone to our GR session tonight

We will be discussing Sexual Diversity and the amazing facilitators are Atma, Sophie and myself. Tonight we are going to be talking about the experiences we have had with Sexual Diversity, what our attitudes and behaviours are and how Sexual Diversity can impact our mental health and what we can do about it.

If you feel upset at all during the discussion remember that there are people you can talk to. See the emergency Help tab in the top right corner of this page (the yellow one). Also keep the Community Guidelines in mind so that we can keep the discussion on track and useful for everyone. 

We will close the forum at the end of the discussion but if you have any unanswered queries please contact the RO crew on crew@reachout.com or follow these links.

So to start u off...

Do you believe that people only need to think about sexuality if they are same-sex attracted? Yes/no? Why or why not?

Hey all,

Atma here I'll be facilitating with Ruenhonx!

This is my first GR session and I am super excited because I love this topic!

Hello Monday Night!! I love this topic too and looking forward to hearing what you think...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hello all! Smiley Very Happy

Do you believe that people only need to think about sexuality if they are same-sex attracted? Yes/no? Why or why not?
No, because I don't think sexuality is something that's set in stone, and it's not necessarily one or the other. But rather, it's a whole complex spectrum. So I think understanding your sexuality forms a large part of understanding who you are.

I really love the way this video explains sexuality... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAoG8vAyzI

No I do not, but a few years ago I probably would have said yes. Now that I am more educated about sexuality I have realised that sexuality can change through out a person's life and because we are individuals its important to understand so we don't fall into the trap of stereotyping and prejudice. 

Hi guys! Smiley Happy

No, because I think sexuality refers to an individuals sexuality as a whole, not just their sexual orientation.

Cool VId Graphiqual... That's a really cool perspective! Thanks for sharing... I totally agree that sexuality is not something that is set in stone and can change a lot over time!!! Smiley Happy

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Welcome to the convo Graphiqual!

I think you make a good point about sexuality being very complex, it is indeed something that helps to shape your identity and who you are as a person.

I also love vlogbrothers! They take some great ideas and make then easy to understand!

Hi everyone! Excited to join in on the discussion this week...great topic!!!

No i don't think so. I think sexuality is a spectrum and everyone fits on that spectrum somewhere so it's something we all need to consider at some point. I think the thing that changes from person to person is when they think about it - for some people its something that comes up earlier in life and for others it comes later. 

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here to start a topic

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 2 members 239 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors