cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Life Balance: Slow-mo GR starting Monday the 3rd of Feb

Hi @dragon3 . I suppose for me I see the "balance of my life" as a representation of me being able to function. If I am out of balance then it may mean that my regular routines are out of wack such as my sleeping and eating habits, going to school or work and not attending my commitments. These things affect my emotional wellbeing as well such as my optimism and positivity, my self critical thoughts and being able to deal with mistakes, failure or things in my life going wrong. 

A good healthy balance to me is being able to have and deal with experiences and emotions, whatever they may be and still be able to go about my every day life in a happy and productive way. Being able to set goals and stay motivated are clear indicators for me that I am having a healthy life balance.  

I hope this helps. 

Highlighted

Hi dragon3! In addition to other's amazing responses, for me these Qs mean:

How do you know when your life is out of balance? I think this Q refers to when life is getting hard, and nothing seems to be working for you, and everything seems like a struggle and like so much effort and nothing gets done.

What do you notice about yourself and your headspace? I think this Q means that when life is a struggle as I mentioned, what is it about your internal state (feelings, behaviours, emotions, moods) that change? How does your mental health change- like the way you approach and view things, your motivation, will, desire, drive and volition/compelling to get things done?

Hope that helps- I can clarify further if you like Smiley Happy
Highlighted

A question: when does this thread and when does the next slow-mo GR chat go live? Is it next Monday?
Highlighted

@Tay100 I am so guilty at not taking regular breaks when I'm so engrossed in study or other tasks. But I know for me that If I'm that focused I don't notice time, that a timer would only disturb me and break my focus so I ensure I do some self-care after to make up for the lack of breaks. But that is what works for me Smiley Happy

@ecla34  I found that it is a good technique when procrastination is on high and focus is low

4. What makes it difficult to maintain a good balance?

For me, sometimes it's a lack of care about organisation and scheduling. I've always kind of licked a bit of spontaneity in my life, but at the same time I like to know every detail of something that is arranged Smiley LOL so I'm usually a bit conflicted about most things haha Smiley LOL

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Yesss I relate!

What kinda self-care afterwards to make up for the lack of breaks do you find yourself doing? Anything different from your regular self-care?
Highlighted

I'm so happy we're talking about life balance - such an important thing to think about! So I thought I'd jump in on this chat Smiley Happy 

What things do you commit your time to? e.g. school work, family, hobbies. Do you find it easy or hard to manage your schedule?

The main things I commit my time to would be: 

Being the best Moderator I can be during the week Heart 

Spending time with loved ones on the weekend 

Going to dancing class once a week 

snoop dogg dancing GIF by BET Awards

At the moment I am finding my schedule easy to manage but that is because I've been very mindful about when to say yes to things and when to say no. The moment I have some free time in my week I find my brain wanting to fill that time with a new responsibility, so sometimes I gotta take a step back and think about what is good for my overall well-being (this is something I'm still learning to do btw) 

How do you know when your life is out of balance? What do you notice about yourself and your headspace?

I know my life is out of balance when I find myself not wanting to do the things I usually enjoy and getting anxious about the week ahead - everything feels like a chore. I notice that I spend more time thinking and less time being present and happy. I'm also a little bit snappy which isn't nice for my loved ones. 

tired mondays GIF

What are the benefits of actively maintaining a healthy life balance?

For me, the benefits are enjoying being "in the moment" and an obvious reduction in my anxiety levels Smiley Happy 

What makes it difficult to maintain a good balance?

For me personally, I think it's hard to maintain balance when there's a lot of change. Whether that be a new job, change of house or a new relationship. It can be reaaallly easy for me to get wrapped up in all the new things that are happening.

lisa kudrow singing GIF by The Comeback HBO

@Tay100 the next GR is a live one and it's this Monday at 7:30 pm AEDT Smiley Very Happy Here's the link to the thread Heart 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a Live Getting Real chat to do with Friendship Drama on Monday the 17th of Feb, 7:30 pm AEDT! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Cheers for that!
Unfortunately, I always seem to have work at this time but I'll try, as always, to read and comment on things retrospectively!