cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life Balance: Slow-mo GR starting Monday the 3rd of Feb

Hey all!

On Monday the 3rd of Feb we're starting a SLOW-MO GR chat to do with how to maintain life balance.

balance balancing GIF

Between work...

busy work work work GIF

school stuff (particularlly for those of you going back to school now!)...

tiny school GIF

friends and family...

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

There's a lot to keep balanced! It can be easy to spread ourselves thin, or to over invest in one area and not enough in others -including the time you spend on yourself!

So join us for this Slow-Mo GR starting on Monday the 3rd of Feb to chat about how to maintain balance in your life!

hopping hip hop GIF by Barbara Pozzi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Re: Life Balance: Slow-mo GR starting Monday the 3rd of Feb

Before the GR begins on Monday, i'd just like to remind everyone that if at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then you can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here Heart If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here. Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Just going to tag some people who might be interested! I promise that i'll (maybe) stop spamming this thread after that! Smiley LOL
@_youngflicker_ @Anzelmo @Bee @Blah_Blah @Blurryphaced @comerfordius @drpenguin @Eden1717 @ayrc_1904 @Esperanza67 @gmusicj @goldilocks @Hungryturtle22 @JDF12 @Jessica123 @Justin_dufner @liv1611 @lilliannxo @ApplesRoses @MB95 @Milkninja222 @MisoBear @SomeoneNADJS @statuscaring @stargirl @Tay100 @Tiny_leaf @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @WheresMySquishy @Hozzles @roseisnotaplant @May_ @mrmusic 

Sounds good @ecla34! Please tag me when the gr starts!
Definitely something I can use with, can’t wait!

Sounds dope, what time would the chat start?

hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx and @Tay100 ! Smiley Very Happy this one's a slow-motion chat running all week so we can tag you as questions go up if you'd like? Heart 

Hi everyone! Welcome to our GR!

Here's our first question of the week:
What things do you commit your time to? e.g. school work, family, hobbies. Do you find it easy or hard to manage your schedule?

giphy

That would be great @ecla34!

1. School work, including assignments and exams, instrumental music, cleaning my room, youth group, church, night church, church teams, babysitting my siblings, and eventually, a casual job.
And all the travelling to and from school on the train.

I do find it tricky to manage my schedule, but it is only the first week back.

I hope that soon, my schedule will adjust.

Yes please!

Soooo can I clarify, slo mo chats is where we have all week to answer questions, right?

Question 1:

What things do you commit your time to? e.g. school work, family, hobbies. Do you find it easy or hard to manage your schedule?

Atm my schedule is pretty chill and flexible, just fitting in walking my dog, doing some movement every day, and dabbling away on my thesis. All my volunteering opportunities are underway. Oh, and schools go back, so I start tutoring again!

giphy

My schedule is easy to manage at present because my uni timetable isn't around yet and I can work on my thesis as often or as little as like. I hate summer, but I love the freedom summer brings.

giphy