cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Live Chat, Handling Friendship Drama, Monday the 17th of Feb, 7:30 pm AEDT

Time for another live chat my dudes! Smiley Very Happy

This round we'll be tackling How to Handle Friendship Drama, because we've definitely all been there and it sucks Smiley Sad

Whether it's people talking behind your back, being excluded, or having a fall out with one of your mates -it's all a bit much to deal with sometimes!

mean girls GIF

We're going to be discussing Friendship Drama -what it looks like and how to handle it- on Monday the 17th of February at 7:30 pm AEDT (no worries if you can only be on for part of the chat btw, there's no cut off!)

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends

Hope to see you all then! Heart (Fair warning, I'll be spamming Friends gifs, i can feel it within my soul Smiley Tongue But if that's not incentive to join in, then I don't know what is Smiley LOL)

excited matthew perry GIF

ReachOut has a bunch of resources that address friendships, so I thought I'd link them here to get thoughts going before Monday! Smiley Very Happy There's a whole bunch, but some of them are:

• 4 steps for coping with changing friendships
  • Why it's okay not to have a huge friendship group
  • How to make friends at school
  • 6 ways to take care of yourself when a friendship ends
  • 3 ways to end a toxic friendship
  • 10 things to do if you're feeling lonely
  • How to ask a friend if they're okay

(lotssss of lists -they're good, check 'em out! Heart Smiley Very Happy)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Re: Live Chat, Handling Friendship Drama, Monday the 17th of Feb, 7:30 pm AEDT

Just a quick reminder that we have a live GR tonight! 

Tagging members who have been active over the weekend Smiley Happy

@_youngflicker_ @Bananatime04 @Bee @Bento @Cheeseburger @DruidChild @ecla34 @Eden1717 @goldilocks @hellofriend @Hozzles @Jane_Rose @JazzInMay @LiviTrees @MB95 @MemphisBelle @One_Shy_Muggle @Paijache @smileandwave @SomeoneNADJS @Sunflower18 @Tay100 @Tiny_leaf @Topito @WheresMySquishy @wolvesrunfree @xXLexi_Lou122Xx

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

I'll try and look at the content here when I can (read: when my hectic schedule allows me)! Looking forward to seeing all the great discussion!
Highlighted

Thanks for the tag @Jess1-RO Heart unfortunately I have gym tonight so I might be 30 minutes late but I’ll try join in at 8pm is when I finish Smiley Happy
Highlighted

This is such a fantastic topic for a GR, I'm sorry I can't make it tonight but I'm really looking forward to catching up on the discussion in the coming days. Thanks so much @ecla34  for getting the ball rolling on this, I hope it's a great chat Smiley Happy 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

@Tay100 @Janine-RO @Jess1-RO looking forward to hearing your insights later this week!  Smiley Very Happy Heart

@Bananatime04 sweet! hope to see you later Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Welcome to tonight's GR, we're chatting about Friendship Drama!

excited chandler bing GIF

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Highlighted

Hi everyone!

Here's our first question:
What types of things can cause drama within/between friendship groups?

giphy

Highlighted

oooooohhhh boy, in a word? Everything

Insecurity and jealously i feel play a huge role in causing problems within friendship groups. Like if one person feels like they're at risk of being ignored, they might encourage everyone to exclude or tease someone else instead Smiley Sad Also from memory dating rivalry can cause huuge rifts within and between friendship groups!

Highlighted

I think jealousy often plays a big role in drama amongst friends. I've also experienced things like misunderstandings, ghosting, feelings of exclusion, people taking offence to something and betrayals. Something I've also experienced is friends not understanding or relating to your situation and not knowing how to be there for you.