cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Live Chat, Handling Friendship Drama, Monday the 17th of Feb, 7:30 pm AEDT

@WheresMySquishy and @Hozzles the fact that drama can be so context and mood dependent really shows how important it can be to try talk things out before they become super big!!

Last questions guys!

Do you have any advice to others who are going through friendship troubles? How can we handle friendship drama in a positive way?
How can you help someone if you see / know they are struggling with issues within a friendship?

Friends Tv Middle Finger GIF

(this is me shoe-horning in another friends gif, even if it's only tangentially related Smiley LOL)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a Live Getting Real chat on What Success Looks Like To You on Monday the 23rd of March! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Do you have any advice to others who are going through friendship troubles? How can we handle friendship drama in a positive way?
How can you help someone if you see / know they are struggling with issues within a friendship?
I comment this on every single GR/ activity/ etc here about interpersonal relationships but, seriously... COMMUNICATION! People aren't mind readers and can't really know how you're feeling unless you have a clear, honest communication about it! And if they don't want to listen to things that are troubling you, maybe they aren't worth keeping as a friend, anyway. 
Highlighted

@Hozzles couldn't agree more! 

Communication GIF by memecandy

I guess one way to support people going through issues with friends is just to let them know you're there to be a support/distraction if they need it Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a Live Getting Real chat on What Success Looks Like To You on Monday the 23rd of March! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

6. Oh boy, last question... Smiley Tongue

I’m feeling a little bit faint now guys, so I’m probably going to leave this one. I’ll probably answer tomorrow when I can, if I’m feeling better.

Thanks for the chat guys!
Highlighted

oh no! No worries @xXLexi_Lou122Xx , i hope you feel better Heart Heart

Highlighted

I will @ecla34!

Goodnight @WheresMySquishy, @Hozzles, @ecla34! Thanks for the awesome chat!
Can’t wait to see anyone else’s answers tomorrow and after that!❤️
Highlighted

I think it's important to remember that just because you've had a bad experience with someone from a particular group, it doesn't mean that you'll have bad experiences in the future. Some people are just jerks and there are some really lovely, supportive people out there.
I also believe that a few disagreements or arguments don't necessarily mean that a friendship has to end. I believe that people can heal and move on from betrayals under the right circumstances. Dramas may also seem like a big thing now, but they don't usually matter in the long run. Even if a friendship ends, you can always meet new people. You could ask yourself, 'Will this matter in five years?'
@ecla34  @Hozzles  I also agree that communication is key! A lot of issues can be resolved just by talking about them. Sometimes, people don't know that they've offended you until you tell them.
I also think that there's a lot of value in letting someone know that they can come to you for support. I've always appreciated when someone has done a fun activity with me to take my mind off dramas.

Goodnight @xXLexi_Lou122Xx! I hope you can feel better. Heart

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy those are really important things to keep in mind!

Highlighted

Oof it's getting late now! I think this might be a good point to wrap up the discussion!

Thanks everyone so much for such an awesome chat, like @xXLexi_Lou122Xx said! 

Loved having the opportunity to get such interesting perspectives @WheresMySquishy @Hozzles @RevzZ @xXLexi_Lou122Xx Heart We'd all love to hear what everyone else thinks about the topic so feel free to keep adding to this thread!

Have a great night everyone! Smiley Very Happy Heart

good night sleeping GIF by Evan M Cohen