cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Live GR: All About Adulting, 7th of October, 7:30pm AEST

What are common challenges adults come across and how do you deal with it? Do you have any tips for managing life stressors that come with growing up?

Adult life has quite a few challenges...work, studying, relationships, just to name a few. Therapists and psychologists are always available for you if you need help handling the difficult situations that come with growing up. Additionally, try to practise some self-care and prioritise your wellbeing. Some forms of self-care could be going for a walk outside or reaching out to people you trust, among various other things!

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  That's so true! People can look at their family members differently as they get older and relationships can change. Childhood heroes or celebrities can also turn out to be awful people.

haha the topic of growing up also reminds me of that question what's something you believed as a kid that's funny to look back on Smiley Tongue

What are common challenges adults come across and how do you deal with it? Do you have any tips for managing life stressors that come with growing up?

Making mistakes and having to keep on keeping on. It's hard to learn from things you regret, but i guess it means there's something to be got out of something you're not proud of or are embarassed about? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

oh definitely @ecla34, mistakes are learning experiences!

Here we go- Next question!

What's something you wish they taught you about 'adult life' in school? Is there something you wished people would talk more about when it comes to being an 'adult'?

peter pan.gif

Yeah literally threw me in deep end h a

What's something you wish they taught you about 'adult life' in school?/Is there something you wished people would talk more about when it comes to being an 'adult'?
- How to manage finances
- Relationship skills
- Long-term career options
- Different pathways after school
- Mental health and where to access support

- The Centrelink system
- Support for carers... The medical system has left a lot of families affected by FND (which my sister has) in the cold. Often people are discharged from hospital with no idea what the diagnosis means or where to have treatment. I think I learned about the diagnosis by looking it up rather than having it explained by a doctor. I read one story where someone's daughter was discharged from hospital unable to walk, told to sleep on a mattress on the floor and go to the toilet in a bucket with absolutely no follow-up. I've had to find a lot of supports for carers and people who can treat her myself.

I wished they taught us more practical skills and raised more awareness about stuff that isn't talked about. Hm what do I wish people talked about more? I guess mental health (and physical health tbh!), coping with loss, maybe even like coping with addictions? Hm I feel like people don't talk much about dealing with family getting older. It's especially sad for people I guess when people can start to struggle with memory and other stuff we take for granted

Is there something you wished people would talk more about when it comes to being an 'adult'?

That it's okay not to know something, and that you don't have to figure out everything out by yourself, that's not what being an adult is Smiley Happy pretty much what everyone's been saying tonight pretty much

Also that it's super worth asking for help (of any kind) when you need it, not waiting until you think it's absolutely necessary bc things can be resolved/improved earlier, idk if that makes sense

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart