cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Live GR: All About Adulting, 7th of October, 7:30pm AEST

Is there a caring for dummies for new parents?? Please get me a copy!!! @WheresMySquishy I didn’t know that existed
Highlighted

why does nothing come with a manual that needs one!
Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  I was always the person who would constantly say, 'Where are we?' when going anywhere, even if I've been there many times before. Smiley LOL
I'm still bad with directions. The nursing home I volunteer at is close to where I went for my last two years of high school, but I could not remember the route to go there when I started volunteering at all.

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy @Lost_Space_Explorer5 @Saltwaterdreamtime  at least we have google Smiley Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Were your expectations about becoming a 'grown up' accurate?

Hmm kind of?
I guess I was given the responsibility but also joys of parenthood a whole lot sooner than I ever imagined but it’s been epic even if I did have to tell a nearly 3 year to please stop playing the flamingo game in his bed and go to sleep for the 11th time, but yeah, good times, and we’ll see what the next part of the journey brings, another one on its way!

Highlighted

Hahaha reminds me of this book I saw the other day while trying to find gifts @Saltwaterdreamtime Smiley LOL

Highlighted

Hahaha the flamingo game? @Saltwaterdreamtime 

Highlighted

Were your expectations about becoming a 'grown up' accurate?

Not entirely, I thought looking for work, going to uni and being an independent human being would be tons of fun. Now that I am at that stage in my life, I wish I could tell mini-me how stressful it can be Smiley LOL But that's okay, I still love and feel privileged to have the freedoms and opportunities I have right now!

Highlighted

It's just about time to wrap up, thank you so much everyone! This was such an awesome chat tonight! It was really interesting to hear about different experiences and perceptions of growing up. I feel more aware of topics that don't get talked about as much! I hope you all enjoyed chatting Smiley Very Happy

Thank you everyone who contributed (sorry if I miss anyone!) @featuringme @WheresMySquishy @ecla34  @Saltwaterdreamtime  @Liliann @sunnygirl606 

prt 1.gif

Here is a list of the questions we covered! Everyone is welcome to answer these in their own time if they missed out on the chat tonight!

1. What is an 'adult'? What do adults do? Do you consider yourself one?
2. What scares you about becoming an adult or challenges you in adulthood?
3. What are you looking forward to about becoming an adult or do you appreciate in adulthood?
4. What are common challenges adults come across and how do you deal with it? Do you have any tips for managing life stressors that come with growing up?
5. What's something you wish they taught you about 'adult life' in school? Is there something you wished people would talk more about when it comes to being an 'adult'?
6. Were your expectations about becoming a 'grown up' accurate?

pt 2.gif

Take care everyone! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@lost_Space_Explorer5
yeah, don’t ask, he likes to jump around and “spot flamingos” but for some reason that only happens at night at bedtime, we can never spot flamingos during the day.... 🤦🏽‍♂️