cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Live GR: Body Image, 13th July 7:30 AEST

Hey guys!

This Monday we're going to be having a live Getting Real chat surrounding Body Image! Smiley Very Happy

The way we view ourselves and our bodies is so important to talk about, because it directly impacts the way we think about ourselves and the way we treat ourselves! 

We're all so different in lots of beautiful ways! But a lot of the time we're fed this toxic idea that there's a right or wrong way to look and that's just not true! Heart Things like advertising and social media, as well as other societal pressures, really feed into this and it's hard to escape the negativity when it comes from so many different places Smiley Sad So we'll be chatting about ways to challenge this!

TeaBag happy kawaii tea cup GIF

We've been talking a lot about Body Image here on RO this month Heart
There's the awesome Guide To: Body Image!

as well as the Let's Chat: Body Image ! Smiley Very Happy

Which you should check out! Smiley Very Happy Heart

We'll be kicking off this live chat at 7:30 pm AEST and we'd love to see you all there! Heart

Body Image can be a super confronting issue to talk about, so if this GR brings up some triggering feelings both Kids Helpline and the Butterfly foundation are really good resources to reach out to! We really want this GR to be as safe and welcoming for everyone as possible! Heart So we also encourage you to check out our community guidelines here as well as RO's 6 ways to be body positive page Heart

Can't wait to chat Monday! Smiley Very Happy Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Re: Live GR: Body Image, 13th July 7:30 AEST

heyyyy GR's starting really soon everyone! Smiley Very Happy

I've been doing some sleuthing on the RO website and they have a bunch of articles to do with Body Image here! Has anyone checked them out before? Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Welcome to tonight's chat Smiley Happy

I've previously looked at some of these, but been a while so they're not familiar in my short term memory Smiley Tongue

However, I do recall seeing the 6 ways to be #bodypositive image around somewhere recently. And I really like that info graph Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Hey @ecla34 Smiley Happy
Can I join this chat?

I’ve read the articles, they were really informative and helpful Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Welcome @Bananatime04 Smiley Happy

Highlighted

yay absolutely @Bananatime04 ! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Hi @Bananatime04! Smiley Happy I hope you enjoy the chat tonight!

Highlighted

Welcome to tonight's GR, we'are chatting about body image Smiley Happy

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Question 1: What is body image?

What is body image? | Developing a positive body image | Kids Helpline

Highlighted

Thanks guys! Heart 

question one: What is body image?
If I had to put my own definition to what I think body image is, I’d say it’s the perspective on a persons own body or how someone sees them self. It can also be heavily influenced by a number of things and often compared to the standards set by society. 

Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Hi, all! so excited to chat! Smiley Very Happy

What is body image?

How one views their physical self, and the thoughts and emotions that result from that view!